Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 07:16 AM

Re: Where does the North start?

I was born and brought up in Nottingham and we always went up to Sheffield but down to London!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 07:35 AM

I'm a midlander too, so everything north of me is north and everything south if me is south.... simple..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 07:42 AM

I'm a northerner, and the north of England ends at the border line at Berwick upon Tweed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Clearly 'north' and 'south' and the imaginary border between the two is debatable.

Some quote the Severn - Wash line as the border.

An alternative view, especially if you are religious, is that 'north' is the Province of York. That would include Cheshire and Nottinghamshire, but not Derbyshire and Lincolnshire, and everything north of those counties.

Historians might say that the old Saxon kingdoms: Wessex, Essex and Sussex could form the 'south', whilst the old Anglian kingdoms: Mercia, East Anglia and Northumbria are the 'north'.

They're all wrong, of course.
We realists know that God's County is far superior and anywhere else doesn't matter anyway!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yeah yeah yeah...well as it seems the OFF is now predominantly run by the 'English white supremists' which You SF seem to be leading....I can do nothing but shake My head in disbelief at how this lovely Forum has so deteriorated into a hateful mainly political forum
Don't bother Yer arse to deny it...I'm not blind.....
Hi

Derailing a simple thread with a rant?

Take some chill pills.

Your post says far more about you than it does about me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Look northwards, at the horizon, when you spot the homing pigeon unite with the whippet, you know you are there.
Love your reasoning Spitty!
Na, Bristol t'is!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:14 AM

As a Northumbrian, im the only true Northerner on the site , all the rest of you are soft Southern jessies. Scotland and Wales are other countries Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, are in the midlands.

Im glad to have been able to solve this tricky problem for you all
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Derailing a simple thread with a rant?

Take some chill pills.

Your post says far more about you than it does about me.
My post says exactly what I think...about You.

As for ranting and derailing...You and Yer gang have done nothing but since You joined this Forum....so take Yer Own advice Mister....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:40 AM

I live right on the border of North Wales but in Shropshire. The Signpost is literally a couple of hundred yards away which reads "Welcome to North Wales" so I guess that answers the question for me.- it's where everyone receives their prescriptions free of charge for all except anyone living this side of the imaginary line a couple of hundred yards from North Wales, yet.......anyone living in North Wales can come and be treated in all of the best hospitals in Shropshire and the rest of the UK.
Who thought that one up ????
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I live right on the border of North Wales but in Shropshire. The Signpost is literally a couple of hundred yards away which reads "Welcome to North Wales" so I guess that answers the question for me.- it's where everyone receives their prescriptions free of charge for all except anyone living this side of the imaginary line a couple of hundred yards from North Wales, yet.......anyone living in North Wales can come and be treated in all of the best hospitals in Shropshire and the rest of the UK.
Who thought that one up ????
That is awful! If Great Britain is one country then the same rules should apply to all. We are beginning to go the same way as the USA, where the laws are different in different states, but their states are much bigger than our countries so maybe they can justify their differing rules.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top