Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:20 AM

Screwing!!

The discussion about screws in another thread reminded me of this - a few years ago some friends sent me an electric screwdriver for my birthday. They were out when I telephoned to thank them - so I left this little message on their voicemail.

SCREWING !

I’ve been screwing in the bedroom,
I’ve been screwing in the hall,
I’ve been screwing all around the house
with bits both large and small.
I’ve been screwing in the loft
and in the garage too –
I’ve never screwed so much before,
and it’s all thanks to you two.
My life now has new meaning,
my reason for “being” is plain –
it’s to survive each day at the office
and come home to start screwing again !
The trouble is – it’s addictive –
I just don’t know where to stop,
I’m even screwing before breakfast –
while, at night, I screw ‘til I drop !
So, when you creep under your duvet,
much later at this days end,
just spare a thought – and a chuckle –
for your crazy screwed up friend !

Copyright.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:22 AM

Re: Screwing!!

Just splurted ma tea there ST
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Heh heh..love it..Thanks for My first LOL of the day..:~)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:25 AM

Comma longa baby whole lotta screwing goin on
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 12:30 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 01:10 PM

Big screwing session anticipated here after 30 years of being in this house I have just got around to buying 6 replacement door handles so that will be 24 screws to put in ..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 02:25 PM

Brilliant Silver Tabby....
Victorsmate....how I envy those mice....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Screwing only has one meaning in Norway, imagine my embarrassment when I said I was going screw something , everybody turned away in fits of laughter. I even said it when I was helping this lady put some cupborads up, she is very very straight laced ? and I said a I would screw it, her eyes nearly came out of her head and she said PARDON!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 05:10 PM

A good screw is worth paying a little more for,a much better head.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:52 PM

If you take even just a passing interest in DIY and don't want to appear like a bozo when it comes to practicalities please take a few minutes to think about what a screw does and which ones are good and which are not, here's a starter:-
The stuff Screwfix sell are generaly rubbish but they sell a lot 'cos peole often know no better.
The best ones I've ever come across are SPAX, made in Germany of course and absolutely brilliant.

I do tend to get a tad miffed when people complain they can't do something, or what they have done falls apart when they haven't done any research on fasteners, materials, tools, or techniques.

You get 'owt for 'nowt in this world

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top