Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 03:35 AM

Do you enjoy driving?

I was talking to a friend yesterday and she said that she had bought a new car. I said "that's great, is it good to drive?" and her reply surprised me! She said "well, it's OK I suppose, but I don't like driving anyway".

When I get behind the wheel of the 405 (which is more rare these days due to my health) I feel so invigorated and alive! That is partly because it is an old car that is connected to the road compared to the new cars made these days, but regardless of the vehicle I was driving, I would enjoy it because I simply love driving.

When I had my surgery and was told I wouldn't be able to drive for a few weeks I was devastated (although I expected it), as it brings so much joy to my life.

It never entered my mind that some people don't enjoy driving, but I suppose some don't!

Do you?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 03:52 AM

Re: Do you enjoy driving?

I don't enjoy driving and only do so when I need to. If shopping in town I take the bus as it's easier if I only need to make a few purchases.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 06:37 AM

I've never enjoyed driving a car but I loved driving my motorbike when I was a young man.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 06:54 AM

Yes mostly I do, but I don't like really busy motorways I prefer the B,Roads and usually take them. I drive up and down the A9 between Thurso and Perth a lot and much prefer the single track past the Dingwall Roundabout.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 06:58 AM

I have always adored driving and still do, in fact I have always enjoyed and am very competent in operating any sort of machinery, from motorbike to car to excavator to aeroplane, love 'em all.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 07:10 AM

My dad hated driving, he always asked me to drive. I loved it then and still love it today.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 07:54 AM

Worst part about driving is getting stuck in traffic. My city has grown much during the years and something always seems to cram things up. It really has become a nightmare.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Depends on traffic I dont like driving in town but I like where driving takes me.
Walks along the shore to the woods with my dog day trips out to wonder places all impossible without my car.

I enjoyed being a passenger on the motorbike too feeling the rush of acceleration and the wind against my face and now Im whizzing around town on my own little scooter it is lovely to get where Im going without puffing and having an achey knee so I do appreciate being able to drive.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 08:20 AM

It's horrendous.
I happily leave it to the chauffeur
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 08:29 AM

Luckily my car's an automatic so it takes very little effort to drive. However, I only enjoy driving along long straight roads or in light traffic.
Large towns and busy roads I just don't do.
The busiest town I drive in is quiet and straightforward and very small, a high street with a carpark at the end.
If I need to go into a large town I get the park and ride.
I know I'm quite capable of driving in any sort of conditions but, I just don't see the point of it.
I don't do long trips because they're too tiring.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top