Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 01:45 PM

PayPal question

Has anyone had to Email them ? Did you manage to do that ?
I tried today, no good - had to phone them and what a palava that was
Last year was fine - so they must have changed the system
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:04 PM

Re: PayPal question

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Has anyone had to Email them ? Did you manage to do that ?
I tried today, no good - had to phone them and what a palava that was
Last year was fine - so they must have changed the system
Forget about getting a reply to an email. I've tried several times over the past 3 years and have yet to receive the courtesy of a reply.

When I phoned my Hungarian bank to ask them why PayPal would no longer accept my debit card they said I'd have to pay money into a PayPal account which would be then used to pay for anything I wished to purchased online, which I'm not prepared to do as it means giving them details of my bank account.

What I do instead when I can only use PayPal to pay for a purchase, is to ask my DIL in the UK to make any online purchases for me with her card and then reimburse her from my UK Building Society account!

Frustrating but far simpler!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:07 PM

Patsy, It sounds like, you'll need a sedative too!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Patsy, It sounds like, you'll need a sedative too!!
The phone call was ridiculous - you had to hear to believe it
When I did get through to a 'person' he was speaking like he was on helium !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-03-2016, 02:10 PM

I hope 0800 numbers are still 'free'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
Forget about getting a reply to an email. I've tried several times over the past 3 years and have yet to receive the courtesy of a reply.

When I phoned my Hungarian bank to ask them why PayPal would no longer accept my debit card they said I'd have to pay money into a PayPal account which would be then used to pay for anything I wished to purchased online, which I'm not prepared to do as it means giving them details of my bank account.

What I do instead when I can only use PayPal to pay for a purchase, is to ask my DIL in the UK to make any online purchases for me with her card and then reimburse her from my UK Building Society account!

Frustrating but far simpler!
That is crazy !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:14 PM

Hi

Paypal has gone seriously downhill recently.

I have to use it because I sell on ebay, I wish there was an alternative.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:15 PM

Who owns PayPal now, eBay had it for a while but I see they no longer own it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-03-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Who owns PayPal now, eBay had it for a while but I see they no longer own it.
When I phoned today and managed to get rid of Mr. Automaton - I was put through to an American guy - on speed !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 02:53 PM

Hi

Ebay spun off Paypal last year into a separate company.

It is American owned.

I had all sorts of issues when it changed, my account was changed from £ to $, the exchange rate was awful, and it took four attempts and seven weeks for anything to be done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top