Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Sending chocolate overseas

I would like to send my friend in Europe some chocs for her birthday, it's some she misses from England and can't buy over there.
I've tried looking up on the PO website to see if it's OK but, can't make any sense of it.
Has anyone sent anything similar and was it ok?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Re: Sending chocolate overseas

It would depend on if you have to declare to customs , or if its sent without custom control ..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:04 PM

Hi

No problems at all Tess, food from one EU to another is fine.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:15 PM

I send chocolates to my son and/or dil in Finland with no trouble. When you send a parcel they ask what's in it, that's because printed matter is cheaper and there are some things you must not send (a bit like going through airport check in). The problem arises by the time it gets to the other end, my son says that chocolate does not survive well, presumably temperature changes en route cause problems.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:31 PM

I get a lot of groceries sent to me from the UK. I usually order them from the British Food Store Online and they're delivered by DPD to Hungary within 3 days of ordering.

My last order included tea bags, Mr Kipling cakes, Bisto gravy and several items I can't find over here!

They do a good range of sweets and chocolates as well
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Have a look on Amazon if they have them they will send them for you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Thank you folks!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 06:09 PM

My son occasionally sends chocolate to his friend in the us, as long as you declare what's in the parcel you should be ok
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Please do not try to send chocolate abroad - it doesn't work.
You would be better off sending it to me, then, after sharing it with other TESTERS on here, it would be forwarded to your nominated address.
We, naturally, would have to road test the aforementioned chocolate. This, as you might appreciate, could take several attempts to make sure that future deliveries are in ideal condition. No charge is incurred for our testing.
Yours respectively, OFF chocotesting.co.uk
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Please do not try to send chocolate abroad - it doesn't work.
You would be better off sending it to me, then, after sharing it with other TESTERS on here, it would be forwarded to your nominated address.
We, naturally, would have to road test the aforementioned chocolate. This, as you might appreciate, could take several attempts to make sure that future deliveries are in ideal condition. No charge is incurred for our testing.
Yours respectively, OFF chocotesting.co.uk
Correct gasman.

(I might have to do a chocolate run now)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top