Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:34 PM

TV Famous Location Visited

This exact point was the one used in the John Wayne Movie "The Searchers". It's on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Monument Valley, Utah. The Navajo keep a horse out there just so tourists can sit on it and have their family or friends photograph them in this famous scene. This is my version.

Here's a screen capture from that movie. Making the movie, they rode all over the same area I visited.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Re: TV Famous Location Visited

That really does look like Western country.... it must have been so exciting seeing places like that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:38 PM

...lovely Bob I bet your version is better than the film
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...lovely Bob I bet your version is better than the film
My photos are generally better than those found on tourist's postcards. It's beautiful country and I feel so fortunate to have a Navajo guide on this jeep tour of Monument Valley. He not only took us to the best spots but told us all the history associated with them.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 09:43 AM

That is so beautiful, and stunning
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 10:15 PM

Yes, it is stunning and almost looks as if it belongs to another planet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 12:09 PM

You did a great job of making the people vanish Bob, even the strip of shadow running along the horse's feet is not broken (where the person is grouched down), well done.
That looks a very thirsty place to me Bob, how did you get rid of the crowd?...tell them the Bar was open?
bobmielke
Portland, OR

08-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
You did a great job of making the people vanish Bob, even the strip of shadow running along the horse's feet is not broken (where the person is grouched down), well done.
That looks a very thirsty place to me Bob, how did you get rid of the crowd?...tell them the Bar was open?
I had a request from another viewer to lose the people. Not a problem since they were on a cliff. LOL Photoshop CS5 is so powerful that removing stuff is ridiculously easy. You just circle the object & hit the delete key. It not only erases the selected area but it rebuilds the background as if the object were never there. Amazing technology.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 12:22 PM

And there was me thinking that the cameraman had asked everybody to move back to get Bob on his own (really, I did .... doh).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top