Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Re: Don't fly with Ryanair!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
John matey - I'll take you up on that - can't remember his name - but the former CEO of the Royal Bank of Scotland???
Fred the Shred I do believe Joe. Ok then, I'll just tell the wife I'm off to be gelded at the local Stables. Just hope they don't make a balls up of it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Fred the Shred I do believe Joe. Ok then, I'll just tell the wife I'm off to be gelded at the local Stables. Just hope they don't make a balls up of it!
John matey of course we're just joking - won't hold you to it.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2011, 07:14 PM

This is copied from another forum...Ryanair customers take note...

My Visa credit card was debited £10 by a company called Shoperdisk.co.uk. Unauthorised as far as I was concerned but after a phone call to the Shoperdisk 0800 phone number (at least that was free), it appeared I had apparently “signed up” to a £10/month dodgy discount deal by clicking on a pop up window on the Ryanair web site. They said I was sent a confirmation E mail but I don’t recall getting one or being advised that my account would be debited £10 a month. The pop up window offers a discount on your next purchase but by clicking the link to have a look at the deal, you will automatically authorise the web site operator to disclose your card details (which you thought were secure) & for Shoperdisk to deduct £10/month for their dodgy discount deal after a trial period; 30 days I think. You probably won’t know anything about it until you notice your account being debited £10/month by this shower but by clicking the Ryanair (or other web site operators) "I have read & agree the terms & conditions” box when you buy your air ticket (who ever reads through them anyway), you will automatically sign up to it despite the fact it has nothing whatsoever to do with the airline or the tickets you have just bought. You will be able to cancel your membership easily with one phone call & (should) get your money back after 10 days or so they say; but they are getting a nice, cheap 40 day loan of your tenner & that’s assuming you spot it.

On checking with Google, I discovered this dodgy company is renowned & this dubious practice has been going on for several years, it’s apparently perfectly legal because of the way it is done, which I initially found difficult to believe & many on-line shopping websites appear to be signed up to it. Some folks appear to have paid the monthly fee for many months before twigging it but if you don’t check your statements, you could find yourself unwittingly funding this company & some could be paying for years, what a total scum bag scam; be carefull you have been warned.
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Why fly at all?

Have you seen every place of interest Historical or otherwise on these island?

This country needs your support before helping country's which are only after your money to help them to get rich.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Why fly at all?

This country needs your support before helping country's which are only after your money to help them to get rich.
Look back at the summer (or lack of it) that we have had this year and there is your answer. There are a lot of people who need their break in the sun AB.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Look back at the summer (or lack of it) that we have had this year and there is your answer. There are a lot of people who need their break in the sun AB.
Indeed they do need the sun and that's how I earn a living....from people jetting off into the sunshine and they leave their dog/s with me Mind you some people do holiday in this country as well and can't take the dog.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Why fly at all?

Just as an example, it can sometimes be cheaper to go abroad than stay in this country, plus as others have said, you have the extra sunshine.

A decent caravan or apartment in August in the UK can cost as much as £700 or more per week. Depending where you go abroad you can have a holiday in the sun for half that price.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 04:52 PM

So true Mags and eating and drinking out is much cheaper in most places. The UK is very expensive for holidays.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 05:40 PM

You can live without sunshine but you can not live without rain.

Living in this country you should be used to the temperatures and lack of sun, besides have you looked closely at people who live in sunny climates and how old and wrinkled they look.
The Dog Lover
Watford

03-11-2011, 05:44 PM

I may be used to the lack of sun but don't like it which is why I try to get away to sunnier climates at least once a year. And actually it has been proved that peopel who live in the mediterranean climate live longer and more healthily.

Still if you want to stay in rainy old UK all year that is of course up to you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top