Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Re: Don't fly with Ryanair!

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
You can live without sunshine but you can not live without rain.

Living in this country you should be used to the temperatures and lack of sun, besides have you looked closely at people who live in sunny climates and how old and wrinkled they look.
Wrong again Bob, we need sunshine to provide us with Vitamin 'D' - a vital vitamin which gives us strength in our bones. Young children who were smothered in sun screen have now developed Rickets - a disease not seen in this country for many years.

I too prefer to spend some of my time abroad, not only lapping up the sun but seeing other countries and improving my knowledge of other cultures and their historical sites.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong again Bob, we need sunshine to provide us with Vitamin 'D' - a vital vitamin which gives us strength in our bones. Young children who were smothered in sun screen have now developed Rickets - a disease not seen in this country for many years.

I too prefer to spend some of my time abroad, not only lapping up the sun but seeing other countries and improving my knowledge of other cultures and their historical sites.
Same here Uncle Joe, we are not ones for sitting or lying around for hours in the sun so we always take trips around the country we visit and as you say, to see the historical sites.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 11:34 AM

Joe once again you are wrong, Vitamin D is found in most fish, beef liver, Cod Liver oil, mushroonms, yeast, so you see we do not need Sunshine.

Watch a plant grow, they do need sunshine just the light from it and Photosinthesis starts to occur.

Google Earth and the internet will teach you what historical places other country's have, as for the culture of other country's surely there are enough immigrants from around the world here to see how they live.

Just trying to save the planet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Some of us are NOT 'Little Englanders', but prefer to actually see these historical sites in reality rather than seeing something in cyberspace and experiencing the cultures of other societies again in reality and not as you suggest seeing those immigrants who have chosen to come to the UK.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Some of us are NOT 'Little Englanders', but prefer to actually see these historical sites in reality rather than seeing something in cyberspace and experiencing the cultures of other societies again in reality and not as you suggest seeing those immigrants who have chosen to come to the UK.

Oops and there's me thinking all ' little Englanders' all lived in Brighton or Hastings.

Joe for your information, I have travelled the world and seen things that people would not to see but that is the REAL world.
I have lived abroad and enjoyed the cultures but now it is time to settle down and see things easier and help to save the planet as well.
jmpark
New Member!
LEWES UK
jmpark is male 

04-11-2011, 03:16 PM

I'de rather swim the channel than fly with them!!!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jmpark ->
I'de rather swim the channel than fly with them!!!
Don't give O'leary ideas, he'll start charging for flying over water, extra for non-swimmers!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:02 PM

I hear Michael O'Leary has come up with a novel idea in cheaper air travel and at the same time utilise all the time wasted at airports, its called. 'Build your own plane while you wait'. All the parts are laid out in a huge hanger and passengers assemble at the check in desk, they leave their luggage and are each given a tool kit, which is added to the price of the ticket, an overseer takes them in gangs of tens to the hanger and explains their duties, adding, "Dont forget Folks, the harder you work, the sooner we take off". Strange as it may seem assembly is easy as most of the parts just click together and the whole operation is completed in a day and a night (the night is compulsory) and accommodation is provided, also added to the ticket price. After breakfast (extra) the passengers board the plane and take off and if there are any complaints they are told, "Well you built it, you only have yourselves to blame".

I'm only pulling your leg.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:13 PM

you make me laugh
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Jem, I only hope and pray that Himself(O'leary), does'nt read your suggestion on this thread!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top