Join for free
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 07:46 PM

Tea with Mussolini

Saw a documentary about Maggie Smith a few days ago and this film was mentioned. Don't think I've ever heard of it so treated myself and ordered a DVD. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, some other famous names and faces in it as well as the superb Maggie. Any one else seen it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 09:39 PM

Re: Tea with Mussolini

I saw it years ago Sue but can't remember much about it .

I do like Maggie Smith I think she is an excellent actress (or am I supposed to say actor these days).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:46 AM

I saw it many years ago and vaguely remember the film as being not bad at all. I think it had Cher and Lily Tomlin as well as a few top British actors. I think it was directed by Zeffereli (sp?) who turned out good movies if you like his style.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 05:05 AM

Yes - I also have the DVD - watched it quite a few times now. Maggie Smith is superb.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Says on the back of the DVD case that Zefferili based it on his childhood growing up in Italy. The scenery is stunning.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top