Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 02:11 PM

The coming election

I've never seen so many dirty tricks by the Tories as I've seen the past few months, they are a disgrace, the latest gripe from them is to tell Gordon Brown not to accept cash from the Unite union because of the forthcoming strike.

I was a member of various unions in different jobs all my life, we had the option of paying a "political levy" along with our membership dues, . . this was entirely voluntary BTW, . . these levies started decades ago to give Labour or any other party who were short of cash a chance in elections because the Tories always had big handouts from the rich to support their campaigns.
Labour is traditionally the party of the working man, . . most of the unions support them and I'm grateful for that, . . the Tories are traditionally a party for the rich and they're looked after by the rich and well-to-do, . . they're annoyed at Unison for donating 12 million to Labour but IMO they should be compelled to reveal how much and from where they get their funding, . . at least the money from Unison comes from within the UK unlike the millions from overseas like the Tories got from Ashcroft and other sources.

Why should an exile be able to help influence an election by donating millions of pounds ?

The liberal speeches at the weekend also claimed the Tories were deliberately destabilising the pound in an effort to make this government look bad, . . what's happened to the national interest the Tories claim they have ? . . what's happened to fair play ? . . both are on the sacrificial alter in the name of winning this election at any cost, . .
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Re: The coming election

The latest polls show the gap between Tories and Labour narrowing. Let's hope working people are starting to realise what they stand to lose if they put a government into power who aim to protect their own interests and those of their rich friends, rather than the real and continuing needs of the population as a whole.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Miranda53 ->
if they put a government into power who aim to protect their own interests and those of their rich friends,

Have to agree with this but if we elect a Tory Govement into power they might just be the same as the FILTH we have had since 1997.

We need a great leader like Churchill and MAGGIE where.... dont think Brown,Cameroon or Clegg are up to Horrors are Grandchildren are about to face.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Did you see PM's questions today ? . . Cameron's got his mates whipped up into a frenzy, . . it was so bad the speaker had to call order several times, . . the uproar was over nothing really, the Cameron clan take every opportunity to attract attention coz they know it's being televised.

Regarding the wicked witch Maggie, . . she bankrupted this country when she was in power, . . the Tories left a mountain of debt in the 90's when they lost power, . . all the billions wasted with the Falklands war then her other crazy schemes left us broke, . . if you don't believe me take a look at the records, . . if THIS Tory bunch get in they'll do the same believe me.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2010, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Did you see PM's questions today ? . . Cameron's got his mates whipped up into a frenzy, . . it was so bad the speaker had to call order several times, . .

Missed it to day.

Did this happen when the PM got up and admited that he
lied to the Iraq inquire when he admited that he cut the cash for are troops in IRAQ.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 02:03 PM

I have voted `liberal` since I first got the vote. I will probably not see them in power in my lifetime but at least I can say I never voted for those who have made a mess
nero
Central Scotland

18-03-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I have voted `liberal` since I first got the vote. I will probably not see them in power in my lifetime but at least I can say I never voted for those who have made a mess
I might vote Liberal myself OG but it would be a vote lost to Labour and if we all did likewise it'd let the Cameron clan in, . . whatever you all do or whatever party you support, . . cast your democratic right, . . it's the only time we have a say.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Vote indeed-people died and suffered for the right to vote. Apathy is no use-spoil your paper if you must but get out and do something.

I can live with those whose political opinions might differ from mine-I cannot be having with idle gits
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I might vote Liberal myself OG but it would be a vote lost to Labour and if we all did likewise it'd let the Cameron clan in, . .

No wrong "if we all did likewise" we would elect a liberal democrat government.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
No wrong "if we all did likewise" we would elect a liberal democrat government.
If we end up with a hung parliament, you just might get your wish

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top