Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:10 AM

Am I being old fashioned?

I caught the 9.10am bus yesterday,I had an exercise class at rehab,.....it was full of students,all I heard from quite a few of them,was the f... word,oh how times have changed,..am I being old fashioned?..how would you have felt?..would you have said anything?..I guess it's words,that mean nothing to the younger generation,..I do think about young children on the bus,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Re: Am I being old fashioned?

Hi

Nope, not being old fashioned at all.

It is just ill mannered and uncouth of them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:26 AM

Pauline, when you say ‘students’ do you mean school kids or university students?

I have heard school kids on the bus swearing like that but not the students on the university bus that l occasionally catch.
The university students are quieter but that’s because they are too engrossed looking at their mobile phone screen!

I must be sexist as l can take boys swearing but l wince when it’s a girl swearing.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:27 AM

No you're not being old fashioned Pauline, I hate it hearing youngsters swearing, then again I blame the Parents for not bringing them up right.

I also get fed up with Movies, I record a Movie, but as soon as you put it on, it the F..... word all throughout the film, as if its the only word they know, and I end up switching off.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:27 AM

I dislike the use of swear words, especially the 'F' word.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, when you say ‘students’ do you mean school kids or university students?

I have heard school kids on the bus swearing like that but not the students on the university bus that l occasionally catch.
The university students are quieter but that’s because they are too engrossed looking at their mobile phone screen!

Hi Art,they were college students,
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:31 AM

I don't like the "f" or "c" words but it seems to be the norm these days to use them.
I thought I liked Sarah Millican Lee Evans and a couple of other comedians until I saw their "uncut" shows on telly, it put me right off them. I suppose if it's allowed on telly people think it's ok.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-10-2018, 09:32 AM

To me,it's such an offensive word,..I thought it was against the law to swear on public transport,obviously I am wrong.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't like the "f" or "c" words but it seems to be the norm these days to use them.
I thought I liked Sarah Millican and a couple of other comedians until I saw their "uncut" shows on telly, it put me right off them. I suppose if it's allowed on telly people think it's ok.
Thats exactly what I thought Tessa,people just seem to accept it as the norm.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Art,they were college students,
Thanks for that, Pauline.

I don’t know then? Maybe, they are a bit more mature when they get to university?

I don’t like hearing people swearing but it seems to be the norm these days.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top