Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Re: Cant wait to settle in

Good morning Frank matey and welcome.
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 08:58 AM

And a good morning to you to. I hope I find you well and thank you for the welcome. Everyone seems friendly in over 50's unless the flack hasn't started yet lol . I Loved the food comments and how funny it is but so true. keep safe
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:15 AM

Thank you for your good wishes Frank matey, and you're very welcome. As you review all the threads and get to know us all, you'll see that I am a resident Gormand (I just LOVE my food!!!), albeit I eat 'safari' meats which others on here think strange.
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:29 AM

I will try anything once Joe . Safari food sounds inviting . My weakness is the old beef stew and dumplins with crusty bread for the dunking. I'm just getting into the Asian side of cooking as I do like the odd curry. Just retired and now have some spare time to sus out other styles. but my main aim is to bake an edible loaf. Sorry about your pains hope its not to bad. I have just started to get the old joint pains due to my job and as a guitarist the wrists/ knuckles are suffering.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Hello and a warm welcome

pokertom
Mids,

19-04-2013, 09:55 AM

And a big Hello to you to Moyra
Many thanks for the welcome. As I have said to other welcome wishers it seems a lovely place to be in the over 50's club . A nice place to be with a hot cuppa (depending on the time of day) and put my feet up.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Hello there Tom and welcome to the forum. There are some good topics to have a natter (or moan) about and the flack will come

Look forward to chatting with you. Are you a Brummie by birth?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by pokertom ->
I will try anything once Joe . Safari food sounds inviting . My weakness is the old beef stew and dumplins with crusty bread for the dunking. I'm just getting into the Asian side of cooking as I do like the odd curry. Just retired and now have some spare time to sus out other styles. but my main aim is to bake an edible loaf. Sorry about your pains hope its not to bad. I have just started to get the old joint pains due to my job and as a guitarist the wrists/ knuckles are suffering.
Frank matey I have an excellent butcher not too far away from me, - he gets me: Camel, Crocodile, Buffalo, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Wildebeeste, & Zebra steaks. Each and every one has its own unique flavour and I like all of them.
pokertom
Mids,

19-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Hi Ben-.Thanks for the welcome. Born and bred about 10 miles north of Brumm just a few yards from being a black country bloke lol. If you heard my accent its close enough hahaha.I see your from the I,O,M. I spent many a happy hour and pounds at the TT and rode the course a few yrs back .Are you from our shores as you ask about Brumm
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:41 AM

That's interesting about the Isle of Man. My late father in law competed there for years and we had to scatter his ashes over the course in 2008. Interesting experience!!

The men in my family have bikes - about 8 the last count!! I stay well clear.!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top