Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Music Man
New Member!
Pembrokeshire
Music Man is male 

26-09-2018, 12:20 PM

Re: Anyone heard of Merle & Roy?

Dear friends,
Having just discovered, by accident, your Over50s Forum, I would like to respond to "Old Bugger" question, "Has anyone heard of Merle and Roy?" - posted 2012 !
As the Director and Producer of International Records - Merle and Roy, I am able and will be only too pleased to answer any questions about the couple, from South West Wales.
Most of the public will remember them from their 'Appearances' at Woolworths, over a twenty year period.
They have released over 20 albums - Country / Easy Listening etc. They liked to boast that 'every song is different, no repeats', thus giving their listeners full value for money. Also EVERY song is a good one!
Roy is responsible for the wonderful 'orchestral' sounds of country and every song with a 'different' accompaniment.
He also is involved with the duets and harmonies.
Merle has one of the smoothest and nicest voices you could wish to hear and has sung over 600 different songs, together with harmony vocals.
Regular entries in The National Album Charts since 1987, they have had a long and successful career in the Recording Industry.
I hope this has given you a few answers to your questions and I will be very please to provide you with any further information. These are two, very special and very talented people.
Kind regards,
The Music Man.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 03:43 AM

The only Merle and Roy I know of are Merle Haggard and Roy Clark, country singers.
Superorganiser
New Member!
West mids
Superorganiser is female 

28-05-2019, 01:48 AM

I met Merle and Roy in the late 1980s when they sang at the Merry Hill shopping centre in brierley hill. I have several of their cassettes. They were country singers.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 05:40 PM

Hi Music man....I see that you are also from Pembrokeshire...Pleased to meet you...
I'm sure that We have come across Merle & Roy somewhere on our travels...

Regards, Malc.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top