Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Do You Look In Other People's Cars?

I generally don't in case they were looking my way plus coming from a big city originally, people have a tendency towards road rage & may think you're looking at them because of some problem

Part 2

I always have my CDs with me in the car because usually when I have to go out its a 45 min drive on the highway one way.
I'm always singing with my Edgar Winter or Kinks CDs but find at a traffic light I stop. Why? I feel kind of embarrassed then if I do peek over at the next driver, he's not even paying attention to whatever I'm doing, lol. Funny tho, I'm pretty shy, so stop or look in the opposite direction & continue singing!
Do you sing with the radio or CD's if at a light?
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 05:52 PM

Re: Do You Look In Other People's Cars?

Absolutely I do, you never know who you might see

They always know I'm there anyway because usually my window is down and the music is full pelt, so there's no ignoring me. And do I sing, you betcha, can't help myself from the moment I switch it on till the moment I turn the engine off. If I can't sing to it, it won't be in my car. The classical stuff stays in the house.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 06:06 PM

I'm just not that way - so no ....
I do sing along tho'
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:59 PM

I always look.
We live in the boonies, so generally when we see a vehicle, it's somebody we know, and a wave and a smile is always given. Even to strangers!
Sing? If you call the noise that comes out of my mouth singing, then yes, I do!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Personally I hate cars, but I know they are essential for most folks so good luck to them. I know absolutely nothing about them and the only difference I can tell between one and the other is the colour.
I have strained meself looking into cars to see who honked the horn at me, the thing is when you are walking down the road and someone peeps you you cannot see who it is because the inside of the car is darkened, well all I can see is a blob of a head until they roll down the window, drivers always make that mistake in daytime, they see everything bright and clear from the inside of the car, but forget the person on the outside can't see inside as clear. Then later on when you are sitting in the pub you get a tap on the shoulder and someone says to you "Your a right stuck up so and so, I beeped the horn at you up the road and you ignored me" I hate drivers too.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Sorry Jem, I had to laff at your whole post, not in a derogatory way but it was just plain funny! Especially the kicker at the end!!! Ha ha ha!
You must hate almost everyone on the forum dude, hee hee.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 08:09 AM

No longer own or need a car - I live close enough to the shops to enable me to walk there if I need to. Parking around here is a nightmare and if I had a car I would be charged £120.00 by the Council just for the privilege of entitling me to park it on the road outside. Then there's the cost of fuel, the cost of maintenance, the cost of the MOT test, It all makes it totally uneconomic to own a car.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
...if I had a car I would be charged £120.00 by the Council just for the privilege of entitling me to park it on the road outside. Then there's the cost of fuel, the cost of maintenance, the cost of the MOT test, It all makes it totally uneconomic to own a car.
Really? That's for a year?
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but it's not something I am used to!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 09:46 AM

I loathe being in a car with music playing. Too much noise in a confined space. It is even worse when the owners of the car expect to hold a conversation over whatever is playing!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Sorry Jem, I had to laff at your whole post, not in a derogatory way but it was just plain funny! Especially the kicker at the end!!! Ha ha ha!
You must hate almost everyone on the forum dude, hee hee.
I'm glad you took it in the light hearted way it was meant AC. Actually only the women in my family drive, My Dad, four brothers, my son and me never bothered, bus or train was good enough, give me a woman driver any time, they'll drive you round the bend, but they'll do it safely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top