Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:08 PM

Re: A Problem for Driverless Cars

Well - the Kangas were there first - so it is back to the drawing board for the car designers !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:22 PM

I have no idea why anyone would want a driverless car...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I have no idea why anyone would want a driverless car...
I believe it's so that you don't actually have to drive yourself.

Possibly, I have got this entirely wrong
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 03:43 PM

I'd as lief have a chauffeur - especially this one !

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I believe it's so that you don't actually have to drive yourself.

Possibly, I have got this entirely wrong
But that's where I'm struggling, why would you not want to? And could you ever trust a car to be completely autonomous without anyone at all overseeing it? I don't think I could.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
But that's where I'm struggling, why would you not want to? And could you ever trust a car to be completely autonomous without anyone at all overseeing it? I don't think I could.
Yes I was being slightly facetious but having had a few refresher driving lessons, I def do not want to drive again.

The whole concept of driverless cars sounds pleasant but INSANE.

The slightest computer malfunction and .... DISASTER
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:35 PM

I'm bad enough pressing an imaginary brake pedal when someone else is driving never mind leaving it to a computer. I realise that it must be a top notch computer but I wouldn't want to put my life in its hands.
Plus I enjoy driving.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 08:40 PM

I'm with Barry on this. Why on earth would you want a driverless car. There are several alternatives already, take the bus, train or Taxi, and then you won't have to drive them yourself and can be transported by a competent person instead of a cyber being...

Now we've got the internet some people can work from home, and instead of visiting family and friends just skype them so you can avoid the journey [in the car with no driver] altogether. Humans are fast becoming surplus to requirement.......

Humans are a high maintenance commodity. In order to get them to work you have to pay them exorbitant wages, give them regular breaks and holidays, provide washing and toilet facilities, insurance and bend over backwards to make sure you respect their human rights.....The world would be a better place without humans, and it looks like someone is working to that end......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Yeah, but think on this, you fancy a Duvet Day, so you ring the Boss, "sorry, I can't come in today, the car has a Virus".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top