Join for free
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet has just started a re-run, from the very beginning, on Drama.

I've just watched my recording of the very first episode, and am about to start on the second.

(You can get it on catch-up).

I really enjoyed it when it first came out, and although I have watched a repeat run before, it was ages ago!

I can't believe it was made in the early eighties!

Having seen Timothy Spall and Kevin Whately recently in Hatton Garden and the later Lewis re-runs, and Tim Healy in Benidorm, it's quite funny seeing these fresh-faced young things!

There aren't too many mullets around, although in a bar they were playing ABBA and The Police!

It was funny remembering how many British brickies, sparks and chippies went over to Germany to work!

R.I.P. Gary Holton (Wayne) and Pat Roach (Bomber).
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Re: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

I watched the complete first series again quite recently.

As ever, I enjoyed the viewing experience but the episodes are beginning to look "historical" now .....

I did note, though, that some of the "stunts" were definitely dangerous (no CGI back then) .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:39 PM

Used to love it. Early 80's classic comedy with a drama streak added.
This and The Young Ones were my favourites as a teenager.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:40 AM

I missed this series all together - probably the words 'Timothy Spall' would put me off - can't stand that man. I do like Kevin Whately though.

Didn't the man who sang about 'Crocodile Shoes' come from this series or did I just make that up?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I missed this series all together - probably the words 'Timothy Spall' would put me off - can't stand that man. I do like Kevin Whately though.

Didn't the man who sang about 'Crocodile Shoes' come from this series or did I just make that up?
Yes he did... Jimmy Nail.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top