Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 11:51 AM

wonderful new therapy

https://twitter.com/Christophe77/sta...054345728?s=17

wasn't sure whether to put this in pet/animal forum or health !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Re: wonderful new therapy

That is so lovely, what a beautiful Horse, loving and caring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:05 PM

It is a good, compassionate idea IMO.
I saw recently where a lady's horse was taken to see her just before she died.
She looked so hap[py and peaceful after his visit.

I know I would want to see at least one of my dogs if I was in a bad way, else I would spend my last little time worrying and anxious about them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:09 PM

When ever I've been in hospital or when my husband was in we always find away to take the patient to the carpark to see our dogs. Only time we failed was when Grace was in they wouldn't let her leave the ward, but my husband held her up at a window while I waved from the carpark and waved the dogs arms in greeting too.

Always makes coming home seem so much more real.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:20 PM

Oh, that made me cry. I would be so happy to have that happen to me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:47 PM

It’s a proven fact that pets/ animals help us get better. They can have an incredible healing effect on us , plus many of them do it intuitively.

When I first got my keyboard I used to take it to nursing homes for the elderly and they loved it. While there my husband was looking after our dogs and as soon as some of them looked at them , they all wanted us to bring them in.

Pets calm patients down; lower their heart rate , help increase feel good substances in our body like dopamine & serotonin and give a sense of well being. They all fell in love with our girls.

When my husband and I went to visit his grandmother in the nursing home they insisted we bring our dogs in each and every time we went. They couldn’t get enough fondling of these two. It was so unbelievably heartwarming seeing their reactions.

Our newest schnoodle instantly picks up on any type of injury. She zooms in on any type of illness. She’s incredibly intuitive and sensitive but they seem to go hand in hand like human empaths. It doesn’t surprise me the animals can be natural empaths too
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:50 PM

I have read how having a pet can help with stress, lowers blood pressure and improves mood. I have read that some dogs and cats are taken into hospitals and elderly persons homes to be stroked by patients/residents.
Anything that can help people who are sick or old and make life more bearable is good.

I certainly think that if I had got a dog again when I first talked about it I would not have been so ill both mentally and physically.
Now I'm getting exercise every day, plus I am laughing and enjoying life so much more and have the little companions with me all the time. Even at night I wake up and feel these two little warm bodies snuggled up to me which is lovely.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:58 PM

When I first started going to the medical centre we current belong to I was so nervous that the staff allowed me to go to my appointments WITH my dog.

How cool is that? Times are changing and some of them are for the best.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Weird how some places are fine with dogs yet others not.
I walked into town the other day to take a wall hanging Ive bought to have a hem sewn on it. My sewing machine went on fire when I tried to use it.
It was an alterations shop but big sign on the door. NO DOGS.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 06:57 PM

Yep I do believe my JR (Bonnie) came along just at the right time when I needed her. I was always a dog person in London I had a couple of Staffs small brindles that followed me everywhere .
They eventually came to the end of their long lives and in 1999 when I was dx with A1AD I just slipped and became skin n bone. By 2008 I could work no more and in 2012 after losing all my close friends (my own fault) and moving into Essex never helped. I just wanted to fight the world but was unable to do anything. Stayed in my office all day screaming at anyone that phoned me.In and out of hospitals with infections. Weight ballooned because of the steroids I was quite a fat bugger in the end. Then I bought my JR to every ones surprise and frowns and questions as to why.
Well Bonnie got me out and about walking in the local parks and my attitude changed not instantly mind I was still rowing with people in the park,I would see people dodge me when out walking. But eventually I won most of them around and now I have a fine group of dog walking friends who I meet up with regularly.
Yes I believe getting Bonnie was a good thing I did back then and now she is in total control of the house. Even the wife as to listen to her.
Pets are life savers in my opinion and there are no bad ones only bad owners.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top