Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:33 PM

Do you record more TV shows and movies than you can watch?

Since getting my TV and DVR machine at the end of May, I've got 120 or so unwatched recordings.

Usually I don't get round to watching them because when I want to watch TV there is something that is being broadcast live that interests me so all my time is eaten up by that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:35 PM

Re: Do you record more TV shows and movies than you can watch?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Since getting my TV and DVR machine at the end of May, I've got 120 or so unwatched recordings.

Usually I don't get round to watching them because when I want to watch TV there is something that is being broadcast live that interests me so all my time is eaten up by that.
I record most stuff so that l can fast forward to avoid the adverts. I can also watch programmes at my leisure rather than at the set time when they are on.
I have just counted the recorded ones and there are about forty items that l need to watch at some point.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:36 PM

I record none.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I record most stuff so that l can fast forward to avoid the adverts. I can also watch programmes at my leisure rather than at the set time when they are on.
Yes, I do that but still end up with a lot of unwatched stuff. A lot of good movies (I think) in there so I won't delete them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:39 PM

I don't have the facility to record but I would if I could find something worth recording. Unfortunately there are very few things on tv that appeal to me these days and there are the +1 channels and iplayer etc. We no longer watch any of the soaps so that cuts the choice down quite a bit and I really think I have seen 90% of the rest before.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, I do that but still end up with a lot of unwatched stuff. A lot of good movies (I think) in there so I won't delete them.
Yes l mainly have films recorded. I love films!
(Or should l call them movies?)
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Well, I only have Freeview but find the choice more than adequate; there is always something half-decent to watch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't have the facility to record but I would if I could find something worth recording. Unfortunately there are very few things on tv that appeal to me these days and there are the +1 channels and iplayer etc. We no longer watch any of the soaps so that cuts the choice down quite a bit and I really think I have seen 90% of the rest before.
Longy, l can’t bear soaps, so l hate to think how much l would have recorded if l did!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-10-2018, 05:44 PM

I never watch the soaps.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I record most stuff so that l can fast forward to avoid the adverts. .
That's what I do too - especially The X Factor!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top