Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 11:52 PM

Re: whats the significance of this song

I have a list with the first 1000 British number 1 hits, and it makes for interesting reading, especially as to how the music scene developed, over the years
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-11-2011, 12:07 AM

I remember seeing the trumpeter Eddie Calvert top the bill at the Finsbury Park Empire in about 1954, the Beverley Sisters were a supporting act.

Eddie's big hit 'Oh Mein Papa' was the first best seller recorded at the Abbey Road Studios, long before the Beatles were even ants.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
I remember seeing the trumpeter Eddie Calvert top the bill at the Finsbury Park Empire in about 1954, the Beverley Sisters were a supporting act.

Eddie's big hit 'Oh Mein Papa' was the first best seller recorded at the Abbey Road Studios, long before the Beatles were even ants.
My all time favourite Eddie Calvert hit was Cherry Blossom Pink and Apple Blossom White ..... that was the only song I was able to play on the piano!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TcLdJlA0Nc

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top