Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:31 PM

Re: Did you have a trick for getting rid of invited or uninvited visitors?

Flatulence
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:46 PM

Gosh, is that the time?
You look exhausted!
Who's driving, or can I call you a taxi?
Now where did I put your coats?
You did bring a coat didn't you?
I've been trimming the front garden hedge, come and see!
Bye then.
Thanks for coming.
Brrrr, cold for the time of year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Don't stand on ceremonies just tell them to eff off, they will never come back after that.
Great for getting rid of the in laws I can tell you.
Except for my old mother in law for some reason she always came back.
The skin of a lizard that one had, got to like her in the end and I think she me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:56 PM

I don't think it has ever happened to me, apart perhaps from a stubborn double glazing rep who insisted on dragging the quote out for as long as possible, then he got the hump when I told him to leave.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 11:17 PM

I've got things to do, phone calls to make, lawns to mow yada yada. IT's been great to see you but I need you to go now. HOnest, civil, to the point but very clear. If they ignore that just start doing what you need to do and leave them sitting there. If that doesn't work then it's time to make reference to urination and negative power polarity.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 11:40 PM

Have some stale biscuits in stock and offer them some tepid tea. I wouldn't do this myself but if anyone did this to me if I visit them I'd be leaving sharpish. Or show them your holiday snaps. Or tell them your health problems. Most people like to talk about themselves so if you start telling them your own ailments they will make an excuse and leave. Or even offer to show them your ailments.

The danger in putting your coat on and feigning a trip is that they might offer you a lift there or say they will accompany you. Maybe best to put on wellies and take the dog for a walk in a muddy field. If they are wearing wellies too, have a swim kit ready to go to your local health club (members only).

If they do catch you in the garden ask them to give you a hand with the digging and weeding. Bound to weaken even the most attached visitor....if they do hang around then at least you have your garden chores done.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top