Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:42 AM

Re: Suffering fools

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's because clowns are nasty scary things!
I should cocoa.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, indeed. People with learning difficulties may lack these but I do not think of them as fools. I think of fools entirely differently. I once knew a man who routinely drove while intoxicated. In the end he killed himself in a car crash. He was a fool because he chose to ignore my warnings of the danger.
Is it stupid to want to kill yourself?
Does'nt it depend on circumstances?
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Agreed! It is the world of quantum mechanics in which I am every struggling to learn.

Then there is the non-observable which brings the philosophical and scientific questions of not only whether or not probabilities can be assigned, but also whether or not they should even be considered.
If the universe is infinite dont ALL possibilities become probable?
And eventually certainties?
If that makes sense?
Donkeyman!
PS. How did we get on this subject?
We were talking about the duke of Edinbrough?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 01:27 PM

Agreed! It is the world of quantum mechanics in which I am every struggling to learn.

Then there is the non-observable which brings the philosophical and scientific questions of not only whether or not probabilities can be assigned, but also whether or not they should even be considered.
With all due respect Surfermom.....

Are you struggling to learn it because it's all supposition and nonsense....?......
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It obituaries "he did not suffer fools gladly" is a polite way of saying "he was an overbearing, cranky pr**k that everybody avoided".
^^^
This is the way I see it.

"suffer fools gladly"? weird language, but then again, it is a quote from the bible, not the kind of thing any of us would ever say. Is it?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Are you struggling to learn it because it's all supposition and nonsense....?......
Err --- it isn't though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 09:06 PM

You could say that anyone who voted for Corbyn and his mob suffered fools gladly.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If the universe is infinite dont ALL possibilities become probable?
And eventually certainties?

If that makes sense?
Donkeyman!
PS. How did we get on this subject?
We were talking about the duke of Edinbrough?
I would say so, Donkeyman, but don't listen to me - I am a fool trying to soak up everything!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

OGF, I am struggling because having to relearn and accurately employ the mathematics with a brain like a sieve with young, so I can keep up with very bright minds. Using AT's example of what some of the more challenging math looks like, someone cleverly wrote the calculations to Shrodinger's cat dilemma like this:

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:06 PM

OGF, I am struggling because having to relearn and accurately employ the mathematics with a brain like a sieve with young, so I can keep up with very bright minds. Using AT's example of what some of the more challenging math looks like, someone cleverly wrote the calculations to Shrodinger's cat dilemma like this:
I must be one of the fools that this thread is relating to Surfermom, because I haven't clue what all of this is about...
and I can't see that by knowing this stuff will benefit me, you, the forum or the planet...It just makes me feel so inadequate......
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Is it stupid to want to kill yourself?
Does'nt it depend on circumstances?
Donkeyman!
I don't think it's stupid to want to kill yourself. It's such a personal thing and I've met many people who disclosed that they had suicidal feelings. The last thing they need is to be judged. But actually trying to do it while drunk driving a car on a public road is another thing altogether. . Because it's not j just about you then is it. It's about all the others on the road that you might take with you. Then it's a selfish bastard act as well as being beyond stupid.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top