Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 01:36 PM

Re: Hostas.

Lovely Pauline I used to have hosta's but the slugs got them

I have now designed a new area in the garden with grave, covered weed protection, a little fence and tall pots and intend to put some hostas on there
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ok tried that the other night but there just too many so gave up plus some of the the little blighters look rather cute .

I swear they march back here, after depositing them in the field, they can smell my Hostas,

They must have been hungry last night, looks like I’m back on patrol

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	8B3A9D12-34EC-4E8D-9A44-25F82CBBAFBE.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	15825  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I have now designed a new area in the garden with grave, covered weed protection, a little fence and tall pots and intend to put some hostas on there

Thanks Meg, that’s a good idea, Hostas are so easy to keep, look at this leaf, it wasn’t like that yesterday, out on patrol in the early hours, I said to Muddy, I’m sure they march back here, after I’ve deposited them in the field, little beggars.

Couldn’t upload that leaf again, I’ve put it in my reply to Muddy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ok tried that the other night but there just too many so gave up plus some of the the little blighters look rather cute .
Slugs - looking cute? Had you been at the cooking sherry, Muddy??!!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:02 PM

Slugs are very determined watched one once climb up an my shed wall fascinated watched him/her go along the unused hanging basket bracket and drop/freefall onto my Hosta's
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Slugs are very determined watched one once climb up an my shed wall fascinated watched him/her go along the unused hanging basket bracket and drop/freefall onto my Hosta's

Kazz, I have fence planters, I watched one do exactly the same thing, this one was on it’s way home through a gap in my fence, leaving it’s trail of shiny slime over my fence...

I will be in wait .in the early hours tomorrow, i was too tired last night ,therefore forgot to set my alarm.

Freefall onto your Hosta...that made me..😂🤣😅
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:51 PM

one of these days we will find that slugs have the key to eternal life or health, but until then they are public enemy no. 1!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Freefall onto your Hosta...that made me..😂🤣😅
He had to freefall I commandeered his parachute but seems my Hosta was too tempting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

We have couple of Hostas in pots, with gravel in the pot and standing on a gravelled area..... but they still manage to get there. Cans slugs fly?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have couple of Hostas in pots, with gravel in the pot and standing on a gravelled area..... but they still manage to get there. Cans slugs fly?
Yes - but only when they have been at the beer!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top