Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Grey hair.

Now I'm not singing my wifes praises again BUT, I have to say this for her, she has a lovely head of auburn hair and not ONE grey hair at 65!. I have a full head of hair but I'm as grey as a badger (you see I do all the worrying for the family, gentleman that I am). I would like to know is this a rare thing in a Woman or is she some kind of freak?, she never used dye in her life, and by the way she was born on Friday the 13th, I looked at her scalp when she was asleep but I couldn't find the three sixes.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 12:47 AM

Re: Grey hair.

Ask her what her secret is
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 03:00 AM

Jemflux, it's likely just in her genes. I'm well over 65 and still only a wee bit of grey (my profile pic is last years and you can see I'm not grey). I take after my Dad, who had no grey whatsoever except a tiny bit at the sideburns when he passed at 67. Apparently from what I've read online the gene that produces melanin remains more active in some people. Whatever, I'm not complaining!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:14 AM

Lucky lass, your wife is, Jemflux!! My late Dad didn't have a grey hair and still had black curly hair but I take after my late Mum - pepper and salt! I did rinse my hair but stopped - what the heck, I say it's a sign of maturity Only started going grey when I retired!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:20 AM

I am fortunate that at the age of 60 I have most of my original colour and few grey hairs.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 09:26 AM

I've just persuaded my wife to ditch the hair colour,and let the grey have its day. She thought it would put years on her,but it looks a lot more natural and hardly makes her look that much older. Oh and the big bonus is, cheaper bills at the hairdresser!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Your wife must be a lucky lady Jemflux, especially if she has you to worry for her. My sister-in-law was a beautiful strawberry blonde until later in life, but it has faded a bit now. I have always had very dark hair and now I have what I call The Mallen streak (Catherine Cookson) - a stripe of grey/white hair at the front. The rest, funnily enough is not too bad. I tell myself it looks dignified, but I have my doubts
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:00 AM

I wonder if it is the auburn hair gene that is different.

I had auburn hair as a child (it has gone brown now) as did two of my siblings but my youngest brother had very dark brown hair and he now has the most grey though he is only in his late forties. My sister still has her auburn hair and no grey and my other brother has hardly any grey either.

I am getting a bit of grey now but not much at all.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:16 AM

We have both grown a few grey hairs since Jenny has been poorly but I prefer the term `distinguished` to apply to my temples. I would never dye it-it looks so silly on men.

I am salt and pepper if I don`t shave for a couple of days though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 12:07 PM

My husband still has his dark hair with just one or two stray hairs beginning to appear above his ears ...... it couldn't be due to his genes as both of his parents were grey in their 50's

Maybe it could be down to me not nagging him too much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top