Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Hot Water Bottles!

Someone mentioned these to me yesterday. I remember how lovely they were. Sometimes if you were feeling poorly you cuddled one while snug on the sofa. Or in bed you held one and wrapped your feet round another one!

Anyone still got one or use it???

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:36 AM

Re: Hot Water Bottles!

Until the menopause I suffered from the cold and had a hottie winter and summer. These days I spend my nights kicking the duvet off winter and summer as I get too warm, even though the menopause finished for me 12 years ago!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Jenny is permanantly scarred from a hot water bottle-the silly girl filled one with boiling water and then decided the cover was a bit dirty and took it off.

She must have put it againt her thigh were they took the graft to replace her tongue where the nerve endings were damaged. She never felt a thing but she was badly burned.

I was kind but also gave her a good telling off for being so stupid
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:29 AM

When I was a wee girl, the hot water bottle we had was one of those brown ceramic type ones. It burst in the bed and water water everywhere! They were horrid things!

I burnt myself quite badly with rubber ones as well, when I was young. Now I never use them at all - not since the advent of duvets!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:35 AM

I always keep a hot water bottle in the house but it is only used when anyone has back or leg aches and pains ...... it has its own fleecy lavender cover too!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:35 AM

I can remember having an alloy bottle in a fleece sleeve, then the rubber ones that smelt.How would Health and Safety work with these, now.

Thank god for central heating and electric.

What about a wheat bag http://www.ease-pain.com/product.php...67618664e44712
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 01:59 PM

I have an nice fluffy one from M&S and use it in the winter it's so good it's still warm when I get up!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 04:50 PM

I always take a hot water bottle to bed with me on these chilly nights, would not be without it for my cold feet! Also use when I have an achy back.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 04:53 PM

I, too, burned myself on a hot water bottle and now take those wheat bags that heat up in the microwave - they're brilliant and mould round your neck or back - or anywhere you want them. Great if you have a touch of arthitis in your neck! Maggie
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 05:37 PM

I have one that is always the right temperature and moulds itself to fill available space....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top