Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Supper Time INVITE

Inviting you all to a Supper Evening tonight ..... well ok it may be a 'Virtual' Supper - but what is 'virtual' between us???

Plenty of space, soft cosy lighting, and an extra log ready for the fire if it gets colder.

Arrive at 8.00 p.m. Carriages at Midnight (or earlier if you get bored)! BUT, I am sure you will not be bored - we clearly (hopefully) enjoy ourselves.

Running round now preparing a Buffet (apron on backwards, red wine in one hand - white in the other. Stirring this, mixing that, blending everything else!! - sure it will end up right on the night!

Now who is coming - Need to know numbers? Lots of space. Plumping cushions too for your comfort.

We can chatter and laugh or laugh and chatter.

We will make our own entertainment.
So what might you offer to share and enjoy? ....
Play some music (an Instrument NOT the radio) LOL.
Sing a song?
Tell a joke?
Recite a Poem?
Dance a Jig or Tap Dance (or similar)?
Impersonations?
Tell an interesting Story?

If we are still wide awake and alert, we will finish with the Oke Koke ("Put your right foot in, your right foot out")!!!

Come on folks, I want a full house (arrive as guests leave as friends) .....

Rainbow

Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Re: Supper Time INVITE

I would accept, but I must sign off now for the night, my menfolk and I have a date with the TV.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Bring your chaps with you - they can sit in the TV Room with a drink, curry or cheese straw.

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:36 PM

If I can bring a friend - I will play the bagpipes and she will play the accordian (when we learn how to do it and if we have had enough to drink).
Do you wan't us to bring a bottle?
Rainbow
Surrey UK

18-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Welcome Aerolor and Welcome to your friend. Never mind the bottle, we have plenty to go round.

Bagpipes and an Accordian .... WOW.

Usher you both into the Kitchen, to crush the meringues (don't get any stuck in your pipes)!

Then you can play and we can sing along or hum if we don't know the tune! GREAT STUFF

Rainbow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:42 PM

I can't sing or dance, but will gladly recite a poem!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 08:48 PM

Right then - pipes all clear - we will start off with Mull of Kintyre and maybe Paddy McGinty's Goat.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2010, 08:51 PM

I'm not sure how to do this - 'cos I can't put up songs or photos - but we know the words and maybe Paul McCartney will pop in

Mull of Kintyre
Oh mist rolling in from the sea,
My desire
Is always to be here
Oh Mull of Kintyre
Rainbow
Surrey UK

18-10-2010, 08:58 PM

dandysmom, Ooh, that sounds lovely. Bring a couple of poems please. We will need to unwind and relax after Aerolor and her friend have finished playing.

Now would you like to put your feet up in the Living Room with a delectable cocktail, and my Persian Chinchilla will keep your lap warm. Or into the Kitchen with you to layer the fresh salmon (NO tuna - but that is another thread)!

So glad you could come -

Rainbow
Rainbow
Surrey UK

18-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Aerolor, What an excellent choice for our Supper evening .....

ALTOGETHER NOW ......

Mister Patrick McGinty, an Irishman of note,
Came into a fortune, so bought himself a goat.
Said he, "Sure, of goat's milk I mean to have my fill!"
But when he got his Nanny home, he found it was a Bill.

And now all the ladies who live in Killaloo
Are all wearing bustles like their mothers used to do.
They each wear a bolster beneath the petticoat,
And leave the rest to Providence and Paddy McGinty's goat!

WOOHOO!

Rainbow

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top