Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Communications?

What is your preferred choice of communication?

Email, Phone, Text, visit and meet, or letter?

(Letter writing seems to be rapidly declining - so nice when a friendly hand-written letter drops through the letter box)

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Re: Communications?

I prefer to use the phone or e-mail. I NEVER hand write a letter ever, and prefer not to receive such communications either.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Although I am in reality rather shy I do like meeting people.

Via contact over the `net` I have met many nice folk and have even been to Paris and Prague.

Also group meetings-where we had a mutual interests like cooking or gardening. And of course the wonderful Tim (the WW2 fighter pilot) at his home in the Cotswolds
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:49 AM

I must be one of the rare people who still likes letter writing, especially to family. Unfortunately as the family members (siblings, aunts, uncles) dwindle, I don't have the opportunity as much.

Email, phone ..... yes, but texting is very seldom as I'm so slow at it!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 11:57 AM

I use all of the above. Letter writing for politeness and because it enjoy it. Emails for business or people im not very close to. Phone daily to keep up with my family and txts to the children and to pass on the occasional 'funny'.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Hi Dancingsky, is the preference of not receiving a letter, because of the possibility of needing to reply?

Hi OG, Must agree really nice being within a like-minded group and sharing our interest and thoughts. (Tim must have some amazing stories to share, and enjoy having someone who equally enjoys listening).

Hi Mags, that sounds like a lot of letters. Do you hand-write or type? I have also received a 'General Update' type-written letter that is copied and sent to friends/family. But a hand-written one that is purely personal to or from me seems so much nicer and of course more personal. I have no doubt that your family look forward to hearing the Postman bring something more interesting rather than the usual bills!!!

Hi Cassie, Using the facilities appropriate to the situation
This is very similar to my usage too, but emails also used for enjoyable natter too. A sort of mixed pot.

Rainbow

Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:13 PM

Hi Dancingsky, is the preference of not receiving a letter, because of the possibility of needing to reply?

I always reply, usually with a phone call as the person who would send me a handwitten letter isn't likely to own a computer.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->

Hi Mags, that sounds like a lot of letters. Do you hand-write or type? I have also received a 'General Update' type-written letter that is copied and sent to friends/family. But a hand-written one that is purely personal to or from me seems so much nicer and of course more personal. I have no doubt that your family look forward to hearing the Postman bring something more interesting rather than the usual bills!!!

Rainbow

My letters are always handwritten but there are not so many these days. The younger generation prefer emails generally but I do receive handwritten letters from my grandchildren still ..... it will be a sad day when they resort to emails.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

21-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Keep flying the flag Mags. We don't want the art of sending a lovely personal hand-written letter to become extinct!

Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Keep flying the flag Mags. We don't want the art of sending a lovely personal hand-written letter to become extinct!

Rainbow
I'll do my best, Rainbow!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top