Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Re: Funny Memory?

In the 90s my parents attended a wedding of a friend then in her 70s, before coming on to visit us. My father was clearly bursting with laughter and my mother kept saying, "Don't you dare tell them!" Anyway he could not keep the tale to himself, and by the time he had finished I was rolling around on the floor clutching my stomach in hysterical laughter!

Apparently when mother went to congratulate the groom, an ex officer in the Paras, in the line up, her skirt fell down at his feet. Being an officer and a gentleman he assisted her to pull it up again, but only succeeded in pulling her slip up too and exposing her knickers to the gawping reception, much to my mother's prudish horror! The bride was certainly NOT amused, and probably thought mother had done it on purpose to grab the limelight!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 10:49 AM

oh that is precious!! If only we could always think of a witty reply in seconds.......

You could have said;

"The meter is just here----and I`m sure I do not need to say I expect you to read it correctly as I found the last supplier to be not as honest as I thought"
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Oh Dancingsky, in full view of EVERYONE too!!
I should imagine you and your Dad were not very popular with your Mum for a good few days rolling in laughter at the incident!!!

Once the humilating memory had passed, did your Mum ever find it just as funny? (We often seem to find the most embarrassing things the funniest some time later)!!

Rainbow

PS. Similar to that Para - I remember hearing someone explain the considerate manners of the Queen. Apparently this person was sitting next to her at a Banquet. The lady dropped her table-napkin on the floor (which obviously is no big deal - but she felt so embarrassed being next to the Queen). The Queen realising her embarrassment immediately dropped her's too, and made a light-hearted comment to cover them both!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:29 PM

I should imagine you and your Dad were not very popular with your Mum for a good few days rolling in laughter at the incident!!!

My father wasn't popular with my mother for the 58 years of their marriage, she even managed to have a row with him as he was about to breath his last!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:34 PM

YIKES!!!!!

Rainbow

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top