Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Neighbours?

Whether next door, or in the next Village .....

Are your neighbours lovely, a tadge awkward, or indifferent?

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Re: Neighbours?

Our neighbours are spread out a bit as we live down a rural lane. They seem pleasant enough, but we don't live in each other's pockets thank goodness.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:22 PM

My neighbours both sides are fine - I see them more in the summer when they are out and about than this time of the year when they are usually behind closed doors.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Mine are *touch wood* lovely!

I pretty much know everyone round here as they all see me from taking Rocky for his walks, and over time you just get chatting with them
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Our nearest neighbours are pleasant enough, but one beef I have with them is they allow their wretched Irish Wolf hound to wander unaccompanied along the lane. There is no malice in the creature, but it is a flipping nuisance as it messes all over the place gets in the bin bags, and one day will cause an accident. Sometime back it got in the boot of my car as I was unloading the shopping and stole some fresh cakes, it is fortunate I didn't string it up, I was hopping mad, I can tell you!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Some good, some not so good!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:38 PM

For eighteen years we only ever spoke to our neighbours on one side. To others it was just a 'good morning' etc. Now that two of my grandchildren are old enough to play on their bikes out the front with other children in our road, we are constantly seeing them all across the road or their parents guiding them back. Now we are on friendly terms with three other neighbours.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 03:41 PM

We get on well with all but one family in our street.

The couple are noy really liked by anyone, they chose to not speak unless they are in drink. They have a chip on their shoulder as they think they are disliked due to a Son having murdered a popular local lad and the same son bought a house in the street, to promptly set up a cannabis farm, Raided by police.

The couple themselves claim every benefit going, own their home, go to the pub 3 times a week and they both work.

We are glad to say that we rarely set eye's on them but our neighbours really get agitated with them.

We have a lovely street which along with our home have been used many times on TV, nice park area and a twenty minute walk into Manchester Town Centre.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 08:31 PM

My neighbours are fine and we have been in the same house for over 25 years now, so are growing old together. Nearest ones are Quakers and another neighbour is a 92 year old lady. Our cul-de-sac changes very little; people tend to stay put and don't move on very often.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2010, 09:34 PM

My neighborhood has a small town friendliness: people pleasant and helpful, but not pushy or intrusive. Mostly older people so no problems with unruly children/teens; only one neighbor with a VERY barky dog across the street. I'm the end row so only have one adjoining house, and that was bought by a friend! How lucky can you get? Previous owner was an older lady, quiet but pleasant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top