Join for free
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 12:18 AM

Explosion at Manchester Arena

Reports are just coming in about two explosions at the Manchester Arena following an Ariana Grande concert. Several fatalities have been reported. More news to follow as it comes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-40007886
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 01:44 AM

Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena

Up having a coffee, and just saw some posts on FB!

Tried reading on Mail Online but it won't let me scroll up to read anything. Got the main headline, though. Shocking, absolutely shocking!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:17 AM

This is very bad it is thought to be a terrorist attack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ots-explosion/
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:29 AM

Another soft target from a bunch of craven cowards who think blowing up teenage girls is going to change the world. What is wrong with these people?

My thoughts and wishes go out to all of those affected by this terrible event.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:43 AM

there is only one thing we can do after this hideous murdering scumbag attack,
what we should all do is,
1 condemn this attack
2 hold a candle lit vigil for all who died
3 wait for the next one

However did we get to this situation
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:54 AM

Hi

Unfortunately always a case of when, not if.

If the initial reports are correct, a Suicide Bomber, well thought out attack, at the end of a Concert, not at the beginning.

Loads of parents arriving and milling around by the doors, been there, done that many times myself as a responsible parent.

The explosive of choice is a simple combination of two readily available chemicals, in daily use by millions.

We have done what we can, restricted the sale of one to low concentrations, unlike some of our EU neighbours.

Any Uni chemist student can however concentrate it and teach others how to do so.

ISIS have some good Chemists in their ranks, they are not all sadistic thickos.

Many of them are homegrown, here in the UK, born here, UK Citizens.

We have difficult choices to make.

We cannot treat everyone as a suspect and become a totalitarian Police State.

We have hard fought for freedoms.

What we can do however is to recognise some basic realities and act accordingly.

We are a nation of 64 million, interring 800 who have gone abroad to support ISIS seems perfectly reasonable to me.

The next step is far more difficult, it involves personal privacy.

The end of encrypted messages and Government Control of the Internet.

I am vetted, so quite used to having all my communications and telephone calls looked at

It worries me not one jot or iota, the system is automated, key words etc.

I am not on Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.

I have absolutely no interest in under age girls or boys.

I do discuss the threat from Muslim terrorists with my ex colleagues and yes, it does get quite technical and personal at times.

I have absolutely no issue with my communications being examined.

I can however understand the concerns of others.

GCHQ have absolutely no interest at all in any romantic plans I may have with others over the age of consent, nor do they have any interest in many other things.

There is a big discussion to be had here about how we protect ourselves.

Tpin was quite correct in not trusting entirely the Police.

We have to trust most of them however.

Terrorism is a major threat to the UK.

ISIS need to be destroyed.

How we do it is up for discussion.

My view, a personal one, is very simple.

We work with Assad and Putin and the Iranions and Kurds to wipe them out.

We also say goodbye to any Human Rights of those who support them here in the UK.

A cynical deliberate attack on our youngsters, which is what Manchester was, should be met with an equal response, and sod their so called Human Rights.

CAGE and others like them need to be eliminated as a threat.

The Polish have the right idea, build a Piotrków Prison here.

Absolutely no contact with other prisoners, no contact with the outside world, a Faraday Cage.

Any visits by lawyers and family recorded, no chance of any physical contact at all and a full body scan before any visit and after war any visit.

Such a system is perfectly acceptable under EU Law

We should do the same.

Any vists
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:03 AM

It takes a very special kind of scum coward to murder children.

I have no problem with religion if thats what people wish to believe its up to them but any God or book that condones murder just because some people do not follow your chosen way is wrong and should be wiped out.

I agree with Swimfeeders in this and anyone who thinks that big brother doesnt know about you please grow up, if you have a bank card loyalty card or use the the internet then the information is there , what you watch, who you talk to and what bog roll you use.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:22 AM

Absolutely appalled at these events last night. My heart goes out to all of the youngsters who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. So many dead, so many injured.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:41 AM

Reports are saying that this was a suicide bomber.

Do wonder if he was one on the so called children allowed in from the Camp who looked about 30.

Or one born in the UK in are free society who went out to join ISIL and after training were allowed back to kill us.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:52 AM

A terrible cruel and cowardly attack, so sorry that so many young innocents were killed and injured, Many heartbroken families today, just awful.

Well said swim... I agree with your opinions on dealing with terrorists ... time to forget their human rights.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top