Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 09:45 PM

Re: Tonics.. Like Metatone And Minavex.

I have to say, l do feel really well after taking the Metatone Tonic.
I feel, l have more energy, my eyes, skin and hair look much healthier too.
It may be psychological or a coincidence with me having my recent health worry, lifted from my shoulders?
I don’t know but l do know for sure.... l feel really well and recommend it.
If you get some. It’s much cheaper in Savers than in other places.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 09:51 PM

My mum used to swear by Metatone, Art.
I've taken it in the past and found it very good.
I'd quite forgotten until I saw this thread!!
I think it's because it contains iron?

P.S. what do you have to pay swims fir the lovely compliments??!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:04 PM

I took metatone years ago. I was run down and a colleague at work recommended it. I think it helps to take these thing when you are not eating properly and your body has been under stress. Gives you a bit of a boost.

I guess as you get older it takes longer to heal and you might absorb less nutrients from foods so a tonic is ideal. It's easily digested so it should perk you up.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My mum used to swear by Metatone, Art.
I've taken it in the past and found it very good.
I'd quite forgotten until I saw this thread!!
I think it's because it contains iron?

P.S. what do you have to pay swims fir the lovely compliments??!!
ruthio, l was a bit wary about Metatone at first as l’d only ever taken Minadex but l honestly feel better for taking it.

It’s five years or so, since l met swimmy at the group meets. I remember it well, cos l patted his Guide dog!
I have noticed, his comments, although lovely, seem to kill threads dead!
He says nice things about you and other members too.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:09 PM

I'm gonna look for this stuff tomorrow!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm gonna look for this stuff tomorrow!!
Rhian, l hope it works well for you too. I think it gives you a boost.

It’s about £7 in some places like Boots but was £3.99 in Savers.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I feel, l have more energy
Surely that's the sugar Art? Anything piled with sugar will give you a feeling of "oomph" but only for a while. Same with those Yakult/Actimel yoghurt pots which are also full of sugar.

If the real stuff in it works then why do they need to pile it high with sugar? I submit it's to make people think it's great (false triggering of brain pleasure receptors) and to make them addicted to the product (sugar being addictive).

The bigger problem imho is that sugary products create "snack attack" cravings after the sugar high dies off which makes people eat more than they would otherwise.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Surely that's the sugar Art? Anything piled with sugar will give you a feeling of "oomph" but only for a while. Same with those Yakult/Actimel yoghurt pots which are also full of sugar.

If the real stuff in it works then why do they need to pile it high with sugar? I submit it's to make people think it's great (false triggering of brain pleasure receptors) and to make them addicted to the product (sugar being addictive).

The bigger problem imho is that sugary products create "snack attack" cravings after the sugar high dies off which makes people eat more than they would otherwise.
Realist, l would like to think that the vitamins in the Metatone have made me feel better. I don’t think sugar would have aided the clearance of styes?
I don’t take sugar in tea or on cereals just the occasional floor soiled chocolate Easter egg, a shortbread biscuit or the natural sugar in fruit. I have even gone off fudge that l used to love.
I don’t believe in those Yakut/Actimel yoghurt pots, so would never buy them. That might be because l don’t like yoghurt!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 04:07 PM

I still say there's no better tonic than Brandy (for medicinal purposes obviously)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Realist, l would like to think that the vitamins in the Metatone have made me feel better.
Then surely just buying a good bottle of multi-vitamin capsules would be the better option. Just the vitamins, and not 3-4 teaspoons of sugar ?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top