Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Would you pay good money for these ?

More and more frequently I’m seeing in eBay sellers offering empty bottles of perfume ranging from fairly cheap to not so cheap prices .
What do people want with empty bottles ?
Do they become collectors items eventually ?
How many years does it take for something to become valuable ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Re: Would you pay good money for these ?

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
More and more frequently I’m seeing in eBay sellers offering empty bottles of perfume ranging from fairly cheap to not so cheap prices .
What do people want with empty bottles ?
Do they become collectors items eventually ?
How many years does it take for something to become valuable ?
Why would anyone want to buy an empty bottle, how weird?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:41 AM

I can only think they eventually become valuable but as I asked how long does it take ? I wish I’d saved all of my Femme by Rochas bottles now . They were of a beautiful design .
I do have a couple of empty Donna by Valentino bottles which I use as paperweights .They’s very elegant .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:44 AM

I can only think they eventually become valuable but as I asked how long does it take ? I wish I’d saved all of my Rochas Femme bottles now . They were of a beautiful design .
I do have a couple of empty Valentino Donna bottles which I use as paperweights .They’s very elegant .
Never heard of any of those, but I would never keep anything like that, it would all go for recycling.
Zuleika
North West UK

24-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Never heard of any of those, but I would never keep anything like that, it would all go for recycling.
Rochas is a famous French perfume house .
I had my first bottle of Femme presented to me by a gentleman friend in the early 70’s .
Valentino ,famous Italian designer , similar time.
There was no recycling then !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2019, 12:07 PM

Rochas is a famous French perfume house .
I had my first bottle of Femme presented to me by a gentleman friend in the early 70’s .
Valentino ,famous Italian designer , similar time.
There was no recycling then !
In which case it would have gone in the bin, a bottle is a bottle that is all, imo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Use a diamond drill bit to make a small hole in the side of the bottle (the bottom is usually the thickest part). Drill the glass under water and then use a hypodermic syringe to fill the bottle with a decent copy of the perfume, then seal the hole with a two part water clear epoxy. When cured trim excess with a scalpel and polish with jewelers rouge and bingo!

Then flog it on eBay.
Zuleika
North West UK

24-08-2019, 12:28 PM

As said they must become collectables just like other things ?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192889108578
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Some are very collectable. The original perfume Audrey Hepburn wore was by givenchy and the bottles sell to collectors for a pretty penny these days. The original bottles of many perfumes go for hundreds.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2019, 01:31 PM

I just find it so very strange that people would pay for an empty bottle, even if someone famous had owned it, so what?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top