Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 09:58 AM

Re: How were your school days???

I was bullied when I was 12 years old by another kid of the same age. I put up with it for ages but one day, saw red and flew at the bloke. We tussled in the playground until it came to a deadlock. That's how most fights ended in those days, rather than real injury happening. He left me alone after that.

I saw him again as an adult. I hadn't forgotten or particularly forgiven but at least we both walked away alive.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 10:04 AM

The only one l held, and still hold, a grudge against from
my schooldays is my PT teacher, a six foot two male of
about 30yrs old, who taught us in secondary school!
The reason for my disgruntlement was when he was
teaching us boys to play rugby, he set up a match between
two sides in which he was to be the ref!
Well the game kicked off ok and eventually the ball came
to me, l managed to hand off a tackle, and then dodged
a couple more blokes, and had just got into full stride and
was heading for the line for a sure try with nobody else to
get past except the ref, who l also got past, a try was
certain! When, BANG! down l went with the ref hanging round
my ankles, it took me ten minutes to get my breath back
after this! Bear in mind we were 14yrs old at the time?
my enthusiasm for rugby never recovered from this!
So thank you mister Wilson of Elmwood secondary modern
school in south london if you are still around??

Regards Donkeyman!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My schooldays were fine, I can’t think of anyone I disliked 🤔
Me neither. Though I learnt a lot more after leaving than I did at school.

I still have my yearly report book, no idea why, but on tidying a cupboard I came across it. It actually isn't bad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Twisted minds do twisted things. He should have got his problem seen to a long time ago.

School was school. Ups and downs , ins and outs. It's all part of growing up .
Those who hang onto such memories and allow these (what should be) long forgotten school bullies to take control of their lives , clearly also have problems.
Even if they think they hide their problems well, they can't disguise what other people pick up on.

I agree with your hi-lighted sentence, Puddles. He should have got help.
We know nothing of what form the bulling took, nor how long it went on for, but it obviously affected the killer deeply.

For myself, I can't really say I enjoyed my school days.
I remember my Dad used to tell me - "Best days of your life when you're at school," but I never felt that way.

We used to live just up the road from my very first infants school, and most days I used to get out and run home and Mum would cart me back again.
When I think about it now, I could have been abducted or run over, or anything!
The school would be in big trouble for that nowadays.

I was good at English and writing, but never could grasp Geography or History - and still can't today!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Loved school and never had any problems with anyone. Was really good with English Language, not bad with Maths and History, but absolutely useless with Geography. (look at another post I did on another thread. I thought the Isle of Sheppey was in Scotland!)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Loved school and never had any problems with anyone. Was really good with English Language, not bad with Maths and History, but absolutely useless with Geography. (look at another post I did on another thread. I thought the Isle of Sheppey was in Scotland!)

But isn't it??
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 02:46 PM

I cannot think of any of my old school colleagues I would dislike enough to get rid of. Although my maths teacher, who made my life intolerable, definitely would not be in that category. If you are still around Mr Brown you didn't succeed in putting me down, all I wanted was a little more help! Nasty, person!
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My geography is not good either but … Scotland?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But isn't it??
No, it seems not and for somewhere that's an island about nine miles long and five miles wide, there seems to be plenty to do there:

https://www.visitkent.co.uk/destinat...sittingbourne/
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 02:57 PM

I didn't like school once I reached about 14 so wasn't there that often as I had a Maths teacher who was a vile bully to me. I was hopeless at Maths and instead of him working with me to help me he chose to pick on me and used to regularly single me out in front of the rest of the class.

That horrible man left his mark on me all through my life as I have always been and still am now petrified in classroom based courses etc. I get terrible panic attacks in such situations and avoid at all costs.

People need to think about how they treat people on life as it can sometimes cause lifelong fears.

He's dead now but I don't feel sorry he's gone. I am on my school FB page and I have seen many people comment how they hated him but some liked him, what I noticed is the ones who liked him were good at Maths the once who have bad memories of him were like me, useless at Maths.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 03:04 PM

I was an insecure and complex child.
Nothing has changed very much. I did get older.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I didn't like school once I reached about 14 so wasn't there that often as I had a Maths teacher who was a vile bully to me. I was hopeless at Maths and instead of him working with me to help me he chose to pick on me and used to regularly single me out in front of the rest of the class.

That horrible man left his mark on me all through my life as I have always been and still am now petrified in classroom based courses etc. I get terrible panic attacks in such situations and avoid at all costs.

People need to think about how they treat people on life as it can sometimes cause lifelong fears.

He's dead now but I don't feel sorry he's gone. I am on my school FB page and I have seen many people comment how they hated him but some liked him, what I noticed is the ones who liked him were good at Maths the once who have bad memories of him were like me, useless at Maths.
As you will have read my maths teacher treated me in a similar way to your's. However, unlike yourself that nasty person, along with others who were not very considerate in how they treated me either, made me even more determined to succeed in life so it backfired on them!

Some people have no consideration, sadly that's how they are. It's then up to the individual to realise they are as good as anyone else and use that as a positive lever to help them along in life. That's how I see it anyway.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top