Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 04:33 PM

A weird little story

When my Granddad passed away around thirty years ago, I was given his War service medal. I kept it in the top drawer of a small metal cabinet. My last memory of it was when I dropped it and it went rolling across my garage floor, never to be seen again. I looked for it many times and even had a final thorough look on the day we moved away from the house but to no avail.

Last night, I watched the Antiques Roadshow with that man and his collection of war medals and I went to bed and dreamt that I looked at the back of the top drawer of the cabinet and found it caught up.

So today, there I was down in the cellar and I decided to do just that, I pulled the drawer right out and there it was, stuck at the back.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Re: A weird little story

I love it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 04:47 PM

A little help from your friends 'on the other side' me thinks, dongle.

Good job you took heed and didn't ignore it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:10 PM

So thanks due to the Antiques Roadshow who were responsible for your dream and well done to you for remembering your dream and you for having faith in your dream ...... and hey presto! ..... there it was!🏅

That must have been a huge relief to you LD
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:12 PM

Surprising what you find in draws
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Mmmm, this issue here LD, is why you were watching The Antiques Roadshow in the first place. Have you not got any hobbies, or books to read!??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
So thanks due to the Antiques Roadshow who were responsible for your dream and well done to you for remembering your dream and you for having faith in your dream ...... and hey presto! ..... there it was!🏅

That must have been a huge relief to you LD
Yes, I thought it had gone for good Mags.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surprising what you find in draws
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Mmmm, this issue here LD, is why you were watching The Antiques Roadshow in the first place. Have you not got any hobbies, or books to read!??
I don't know really. I actually find it a bit depressing because it always reminds me of having to get ready for school on Monday. I hated that. The only thing I can think of is Fiona Bruce..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
i love it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top