Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Re: A weird little story

My Brother-in-law from Australia came over to visit a couple of years ago. We gave him items that were my late OH's to take back with him as they were his Families not mine. Items that had been his Father's. Michael my Son said to me, not when his uncle was around, that he'd seen a group of medals in the cabinet in the garage, I knew they weren't my Families as my Brother has my Dad's. So we looked for them to give to my Brother-in-law but couldn't find them. Didn't say anything to him & he hadn't asked about medals as we hadn't found them. He went back to Australia. A few weeks later we were sorting the garage out & there in the draw in the cabinet where we had both looked before were the medals.
Should we send them to Australia or are we meant to keep them? Seems we weren't meant to give them up. Weird or what?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 08:28 PM

Longdogs.......Mrs Fox needs some help finding her house keys that she seems to have mislaid.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:23 PM

That's just a brilliant happy post. So glad it turned up. Now I need to dream about where our remote control disappeared to , it vanished never to be seen again!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
How do you explain that, LD.?
I can't I'm afraid.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's amazing, Longdogs. Could be a nice little earner for you if you wanted to part with it?
Unfortunately it's only one of the basic medals Floydy, no Victoria crosses or anything like that. I think my Granddad spent more time sunbathing aboard ship than fighting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Is your granddad's medal worth as much as those on TV?
ooh no.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Grandad would be proud of you LD, now keep it safe mate.
I will do from now on basser.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I feel enormously embarrassed now, Basser, telling Longdogs to sell it. I'm a horrible and greedy man.
Ha ha, no worries mate. When we are watching Antiques Road show, you will often hear me shout 'sell it'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Longdogs.......Mrs Fox needs some help finding her house keys that she seems to have mislaid.....
I shall have a look in the glass bowl.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can't I'm afraid.
Must be a miracle then, or you have lost your memory

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top