Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:22 AM

Jay Blades Home Fix

Been watching this.
Good grief, some of the projects astonish me.
I think the worst was a table lamp made from copper water pipe with the bulb holder hanging free.
Woodwork? Everything is nailed ( even into end grain)
Just me being picky?
Arena
France
Arena is male  Arena has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:35 AM

Re: Jay Blades Home Fix

He's not the sharpest Blades in the toolbox.
He's a BBC blether boy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Been watching this.
I think the worst was a table lamp made from copper water pipe with the bulb holder hanging free.
Just me being picky?
Sounds very 'Iffy' to me Tregonsee....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Been watching this.
Just me being picky?
No, you are not being picky. I consider him to be the highest paid bodger around. Most of his latest programme is simply some old clips cobbled together. I can imagine every genuine tradesmen across the land wincing when they see his own offerings. He also reminds me that a little learning is dangerous and the BBC should display a disclaimer before someone injures themselves.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
No, you are not being picky. I consider him to be the highest paid bodger around. Most of his latest programme is simply some old clips cobbled together. I can imagine every genuine tradesmen across the land wincing when they see his own offerings. He also reminds me that a little learning is dangerous and the BBC should display a disclaimer before someone injures themselves.
I agree entirely, I stopped watching it after the 1st episode.

One of the first things we were taught in woodwork at school was never nail into an end grain. Even screwing into it is troublesome if you're not careful. That's what M&T or dovetail joints are for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I agree entirely, I stopped watching it after the 1st episode.

One of the first things we were taught in woodwork at school was never nail into an end grain. Even screwing into it is troublesome if you're not careful. That's what M&T or dovetail joints are for.
Our woodwork teacher showed us a good method of screwing into an end grain by drilling a hole and inserting a dowel peg. The screw would then go through the dowel.

Like this:-

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:10 PM

It's a shame really because he also appears on The Repair Shop which is brilliant and shows only craftsmen and women at work. He was also on the Money for nothing series where he would paint an old chair and it would sell for hundreds of pounds.

He seems like a nice guy but I agree, he is a bodger.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 08:54 AM

What gets me is how immaculate he always looks and perfectly manicured nails..His shirts are whiter than white

I haven't seen his programme but I love Repair Shop
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 09:00 AM

I haven't seen this, but I did see him on Money for Nothing where his forte was painting old chair legs in different colours, which is OK if that's your thing, but craftsman he definitely ain't...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I haven't seen this, but I did see him on Money for Nothing where his forte was painting old chair legs in different colours, which is OK if that's your thing, but craftsman he definitely ain't...
Barry have you watched Repair Shop I think you would love that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top