Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:58 PM

Re: Cochlear Implant

Excellent news Steve, well done, I'm glad it went well for you

A whole new life ahead for you now...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Lovely lovely news, good luck!!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:41 PM

I'm so pleased for you upwards and onwards is the way. Good luck.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:19 PM

There you go Steve, all's well - onwards and upwards from now on

Drinks are on you then
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:22 PM

Three days now - still smiling like an idiot!!

A bit of pain last night but two ibruprofen sorted that out.

My hair feels so itchy now but I can't wash it for TWO WEEKS as the stitches are just behind my ear and I must NOT get the wound or the stitches wet - but - yuck! stevmk2
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:26 PM

great news really pleased for you Steve and hope it continues to work out well for you
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
great news really pleased for you Steve and hope it continues to work out well for you
Hello Welshie!!!
I've missed all my friends on here - sorry about not being around but I've had a few things to sort out but - good news - everything's fine now at home.

I've also got a lot of online friends now from the Dating site so, once I've got my processor fitted - 11th July - I'll be getting out and about, trying to see all my new friends!
stevmk2
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Hello Welshie!!!
I've missed all my friends on here - sorry about not being around but I've had a few things to sort out but - good news - everything's fine now at home.

I've also got a lot of online friends now from the Dating site so, once I've got my processor fitted - 11th July - I'll be getting out and about, trying to see all my new friends!
stevmk2
good on you Steve
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Hello Welshie!!!

stevmk2
You sound like a new man already Steve, I'm very pleased for you...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

10-07-2016, 01:55 PM

I'm on tenterhooks at the moment - sorry - I can't stop thinking about tomorrow, my implant switch-on.

One thing I noticed almost straight away after the operation was that although Aid in my left ear was the better one at about 7% overall response, it was my right aid the carried much of the low frequency response.

Whether that's advantageous or not we will see tomorrow because what I hear now is more robotic and it is actually quite hard to adapt to it.

The notes I have from the hospital say the Implant will sound robotic at first until I get used to it.

Don't worry, I'll let everyone know how it all goes.

It took be 4 hours to deal with all the emails and messages when I had the operation so I'm prepared better this time. stevmk2

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top