Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:10 PM

portrait request

I have been asked by a friend to take photos of her with a plaster cast on her arm this friday. Should prove interesting as portrait Photography I only have a working knowledge of as that is not my usual type I do.

Only one ever took and not seriously was this of my Daughter in law "Flavia" as a quick head shoulder shot

So hope i can do better tackling a full length photo. Any tips welcomed, I do have a seperate light meter if needed and lighting and flash gun. Have to admit I have ben doing a lot of research as well
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:13 PM

Re: portrait request

Lovely photograph
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Lovely photograph
Thank you ,it was more or les a passing shot. She is a natural with personality showing through which makes it a bit easier.

Oh and we all love her to bits , which makes a change from the Jeremy Kyle shows. Her family and us get on like we have known each other all our lives, such a lovely family
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 07:10 AM

How about a "context" shot, shewing her associated with an interest such as horses, sport etc ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
How about a "context" shot, shewing her associated with an interest such as horses, sport etc ?

Good idea but the accident was not related to anything like that which a photo of what you are suggesting might imply as to how it happened.
I can't really see her lying down on the road next to to raised uneven roadway

Digital photography is not accepted in courts I understand but insurance companies do. What she does or uses the photos for is up to her, all I can do is try and produce the best photo possible
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:35 AM

If it's just a record shot for the insurance it really doesn't matter much.

If you;re looking to get some nice shots at the same time I'll just add one tip... Three things that usually spoil a good portrait...

The background - clutter
The background - reflections (inc yours)
The background - context (if the BG isn't in context - shoot wide aperture to soften it. I usually do this anyway as I like that look.)

Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 06:45 PM

Try to remove distracting backgrounds
Use a wide aperture to focus on the subject's eyes and blur out background detail
Maybe a little reflected light or low power flash on face to balance up the uneven light a little.

Apart from that, great shot.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-02-2017, 10:07 PM

Graham that photo is of my D-in-l not the lady whose photo I am taking

Thanks all for you hits and tips tomorrow
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Graham that photo is of my D-in-l not the lady whose photo I am taking
Sorry...you did ask for tips.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Sorry...you did ask for tips.
Yes and gratiful for them thank you.
Well did the shoot and the lady seemed happy with them so worked out ok.

She is a family friend whose husband passed away not that long ago . Sue and I have known and been friends with them for more than 40 years.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top