Join for free
Page 87 of 95 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 > Last »
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:31 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie ->
What book are you reading now?.... I'm reading ..........'I'm a believer' by Jessica Adams, ......it was a bit slow to start with and really only kicked in, in the final quarter of the book. It's about Mark Buckle a London teacher and a bit of a flawed character who doesn't believe in anything until his girlfriend dies.
I am reading some Bill Bryson books on UK and European travel. Mainly cos I am reluctant to book a holiday in the current climate. After working the first 40 of my working life in the car industry, I am also an avid reader of car history. Real cars not vehicles propelled by sewing machine motors for an engine. I drive a petrol car and is happy with it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 12:04 AM

I finished The Survivors by Jane Harper which I enjoyed very much and have returned to a book I actually started but for various reasons forgot about and have decided to restart from the beginning.

It is Into the Water by Paula Hawkins. She wrote Girl on the Train
which I enjoyed very much. I read a few chapters some time back and because of other things I was doing forgot about it. Now it is time to start from the beginning again, I recall it was quite an interesting beginning.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 03:10 PM

"the drunken forest"" by Gerald Durrell, my sister in law dug it out of her loft, first published in 1956, anyone living in Jersey will know of this man
ptarmigan
New Member!
Northumberland, UK
ptarmigan is male 

07-12-2020, 03:51 PM

I'm on with "The secret of High Eldersham" by Miles Burton from the British Library crime classics series. It was originally published in 1930 and is proving to be a good story. Think along the lines of Inspector Alleyn mysteries, with a bit of occult thrown in to give it a twist or two.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:22 AM

My Christmas present to myself were two books

The Girl in the Spider's Web
The Girl who Takes an Eye for an Eye

I already have The Girl Who Lived Twice but I stopped reading that when I realised there were earlier volumes.

They are part of the Millennium series originally by the deceased Steig Larsson which I read years ago but these were written by David Lagercrantz.

I hope they are as good as the original series.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 09:48 AM

I'm currently reading 'The Understudy' by David Nicholls and enjoying it very much.

The Daily Mail describes it as 'Laugh out loud'

The Observer says it's 'Bitterly funny - delightful.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 12:35 PM

I've got 4 on the go. Currently Home For Christmas by Florence McNicholl, about dogs & a dog rescue & 3 of the Spellsinger series, The Time of the Transference, Son of Spellsinger & Chorus Skating. All 3 by Alan Dean Foster.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My Christmas present to myself were two books

The Girl in the Spider's Web
The Girl who Takes an Eye for an Eye

I already have The Girl Who Lived Twice but I stopped reading that when I realised there were earlier volumes.

They are part of the Millennium series originally by the deceased Steig Larsson which I read years ago but these were written by David Lagercrantz.

I hope they are as good as the original series.
How are they going? Worth getting?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

11-12-2020, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
How are they going? Worth getting?
Haven't started them yet.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 05:14 PM

I'm reading a rather old Tom Clancy novel featuring Jack Ryan jnr. I needed something lightweight for a change.

Page 87 of 95 « First < 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top