Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 06:19 PM

Changes to ITV local news and weather

For the past week or so we have been getting weather reports for ITV Central rather than ITV South West. I have just checked on the ITV web site and it appears that changes have been made. If I am reading it correctly, you now have to subscribe to HD (through your provider) to get your local weather. I have a Sky HD box and get a few free channels but do not subscribe.

Has anyone else noticed that they have been getting the wrong weather or local News?

https://www.itv.com/terms/articles/viewerservices
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 08:51 PM

Re: Changes to ITV local news and weather

It looks like it's to do with the age of the Sky box (it's not an HD box?) than it being anything to do with needing a subscription.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:00 PM

I don't have Sky - just Freesat but occasionally it doesn't give me the local area news/weather, sometimes it goes to London area.

I just have to scroll through to find the local areas from the guide.

I just assume it's the weather conditions etc that affects it.

Not much help am I?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:02 PM

I use this site - it is usually right - and it is free. Just give it your postcode or city/town/village name

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-fo...day/31657~York
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It looks like it's to do with the age of the Sky box (it's not an HD box?) than it being anything to do with needing a subscription.
I do have an HD box but don't subscribe. I already get ITV HD on channel 103 and used to get local news and weather. I have emailed ITV and shall post their reply (if I get one)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-10-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I use this site - it is usually right - and it is free. Just give it your postcode or city/town/village name

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-fo...day/31657~York
Thanks tabby. I sometimes use the BBC site tbh.

It just seemed weird when all of a sudden we were getting Central weather reports on TV.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
For the past week or so we have been getting weather reports for ITV Central rather than ITV South West. I have just checked on the ITV web site and it appears that changes have been made. If I am reading it correctly, you now have to subscribe to HD (through your provider) to get your local weather. I have a Sky HD box and get a few free channels but do not subscribe.

Has anyone else noticed that they have been getting the wrong weather or local News?

https://www.itv.com/terms/articles/viewerservices
I may be quite wrong, but assuming that you live somewhere along the border of the Central region and the South-West region, it is quite possible that they've decided to change the supply to your local relay transmitter from the South-Western region to the Central region. They do that from time to time.
If that's the case, you may need to turn your TV aerial round to face an alternative transmitter (and re-tune of course).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-10-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I don't have Sky - just Freesat but occasionally it doesn't give me the local area news/weather, sometimes it goes to London area.

I just have to scroll through to find the local areas from the guide.

I just assume it's the weather conditions etc that affects it.

Not much help am I?
No but we love you all the same.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No but we love you all the same.

Oooh....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oooh....
This evening will be warm and cuddly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top