Join for free
Page 568 of 754 « First < 68 468 518 558 566 567 568 569 570 578 618 668 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:57 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by May ->
Well Mags,anything to give You a laugh

We're actually running down the Scottish Tories who are determined not to allow an indy ref'2 just as Boris Johnson is...All most of Us want is Our independence,and We know there's no point voicing Our opinions on the politics threads on here as it's mainly dominated by English Tory Members who at the last Scottish referendum 6 yrs ago laughed and called Us some vile Names when We lost if I recall....fair's fair
Yes I quite understand May, I don't take it seriously but I sincerely hope you get your Independence one day if that is what you want ..... fingers crossed for you all.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes I quite understand May, I don't take it seriously but I sincerely hope you get your Independence one day if that is what you want ..... fingers crossed for you all.
Thanks Mags,You're a star,xx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:30 PM

I have to agree with May, it's not done to offend it's just grumbling. We have lost other Scots from the forum because of the rows that erupt on the other threads, so we talk here. Thanks for understanding Mags.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
Tom Devine is a great, Scottish, Social Historian & his books worth reading. They're heavy going at times. You will find them in libraries so can dip in and out from time to time. I'm sure you would enjoy them Roxy. Have a good evening.
Not heard of him Beki, but I will have a look see at the library, I only take books out in the winter months as I have too much to do outside in the summer. My dad taught me a lot about Scotland and her history ever since I was a child. I have several of Neil Oliver's books about Scotland. I've met him several times twice in Perth and once over on Orkney. I was walking over at The stone circle of Brodgar and he appeared round a huge stone lol. We had quite a chat, he's a really nice person pity he's a unionist, but we didn't go into that.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 07:26 AM

Good Morning Lassies,it's a blue sky and sun sun sun,
to be in the mid 20s so a day of garden lounging....spent most of the day Yesterday on the sofa with hot pads on My back & neck,freezer pack on knee,didn't have a good night so no gardening for a wee while,
Have a good one Folks and enjoy the day,xx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

31-07-2020, 10:18 AM

Morning All, Oh May that's not good. Hope it eases up quickly. The sun has not come out here, it's wall to wall thick fog....Unbelievable. I got some turf so I have to get the ground prepared then lay it. Sheezzze what a life.
According to the News some guy called Douglas Ross seems favourite to take over the Tory Rabble. I've never heard of him, have you? The only person who is able for that job IMO is Ruth Davidson but I don't think she'll be talked into taking over again.
Have a nice day people and enjoy your sun......Sulk.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200731_063807.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	13401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200731_072152.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	13402  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

31-07-2020, 11:12 AM

Thanks Rox,a day with My feet up usually sorts Me out.

Don't despair the sun is on its way up to Caithness in the Afternoon,promise

Government minister has resigned over Dominic Cummings' flouting of lockdown rules.

Douglas Ross, who was a minister in the Scotland Office, said he couldn't stand behind the government as it defended Mr Cummings

In a statement announcing his resignation, he said many of his constituents had missed the funerals of loved ones and were unable to visit sick relatives.

And he indicated his decision was forced by Boris Johnson's decision to defend Mr Cummings despite growing outcry from his constituents.

He wrote: "I have constituents who didn't get to say goodbye to loved ones, families who could not mourn together, people who didn't visit sick relatives because they followed the guidance of the government.

"I cannot in good faith tell them they were all wrong and one senior advisor to the government was right."

Ross at least is a Man of principles & good common sense,
Ruthy will be standing in @ FMQs,so I look forward to a few
rumbles in the Holyrood jungle in the next few Months
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

31-07-2020, 11:34 AM

Yep me too, some real ding dongs between the pair at FMQ. I like Ruth as I said before, just a pity she's a Tory.
In for a break, seeing to this turf is killing my back AND.......I have to go and get another one, I'm not a happy bunny.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:02 PM

Good afternoon. You two have been busy today. It was very warm here, a bit cloudy for a while, but the sun came out. As usual I was busy with a couple of things & ventured to Lidl briefly. I didn't get the opportunity to sit out but I'm not a sun worshipper anyway. I just like the heat and brightness, and hope it lasts. Don't know much about Douglas Ross but wouldn't he need to stand for the Scottish Parliament before he could lead the Tories in Scotland? I hesitate to say Scottish Tories as most of the party members and local councillors I know and have met are actually English who now live in Scotland. I agree with everything you have replied to Mags. I abhor the ill informed and unnecessary comments made by people who neither live in Scotland or bother to check the propaganda put out about Scotlands input to the UK economy. I didn't see anyone remark (not that I have actually looked ) on the publication of information related by Alister Darling in Hansard regarding the fact that the oil revenues from Scottish Oil kept the UK afloat for years. I bet if it was the other way around we would have had a 25 page long commentary on it. Here's to a warm and sunny (don't anyone disillusion me & tell me the weather forecast) weekend. Take care.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

01-08-2020, 09:35 AM

Good Morning Each,not long awake so made up for lost sleep the other night,
Well the met' office got it wrong yesterday again,it started off sunny and warm here,then there was just a cloudy haze,certainly not the 25c They forecast and it was a waste of time getting the garden parasol set up...then a deluge of rain.

Off now for a walk to the co-op for rolls if They still have any left at this late hour of the morning...have a good weekend Folks,take care and be safe.xx

Page 568 of 754 « First < 68 468 518 558 566 567 568 569 570 578 618 668 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top