Join for free
Page 943 of 1676 « First < 443 843 893 933 941 942 943 944 945 953 993 1043 1443 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do something, it's not cool to be first to the goodnight Thread.
Let us go together Spitty
Ready steady - Go
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:35 PM

I would but I got Trigger finger, nowt to do with del boy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:35 PM

Good Night Possums. X
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Well done.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:13 PM

There was I in the middle of posting something and the whole street went into total darkness, everything just blanked out by a massive power failure across the city, that's the second time in a few months. It just goes to show you how we take things for granted, Phyllis was up the wall worrying about the stuff in the freezer, the last time it went out for 12 hours, I went out to the shed to get a few candles then upstairs for a book to read, I can read in the dark as I went to night school (Stan Laurel).
It's back on now obviously.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:21 PM

i see you've been messin about with you ubends [utubes] again Jem and blacked them out too! maybe you've got too much electricity surging through ya veins? now listen ma man anyone who can keep this thread goin for 10,000 shots more does not give up. I was avin problems why only me good self the other day I'll be tellin ya and tried to get that flit about SP to help and she couldn't keep still for one minute and left me in the dark - Jem ah ya listen now ? - so back to basics I thought and went to the very top thread here 'announcements' and there it twas in all it's former glory " how to post an youtube" honest ta god and hope to die " if I be lyin to ya laddie - follow that meticulously with the attention of a well honed jem cutter and all will be revealed - do not stop at 'go to prison' or marylebourne station and wot ever ya do avoid those flutterin eyelashes of the one we dare not mention by name - wink wink nod nod - ya know what I'm sayin me man?? - ok may the force be wid ya den!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:10 AM

Hi folks

oh dear , I'm too late

they've all retired.

ah well, now the room is empty I can recite some of my recent attempts at rhyming verses. I say "rhyming verses" to excuse myself from calling it/them actual POETRY.

Poetry springs from the heart, it comes from within.

Poetry exists before the words are typed

Poetry is a force of nature, just waiting to claim it's existence.

Poetry can soar & raise the spirit.

Poetry can tell of the worst events in Planet Earth's span

And of unspeakable motives.

And beauty and Grace, of love and selflessness,

forgiveness and generosity

----------------------------------

Practice session over now, & I started off so well but I became carried away with half thought out impulses, hoping that my words would take on a life of their own.

Ah well time for me cocoa. I was given a large bottle of SOUTHERN COMFORT for my 70th birthday, but I can't drink it because I am on a pill that reacts badly to alcohol.
Siht

I was also given a voucher for a slap up high tea. You know the sort of thing. Tiny cucumber sarnies, cheese and onion (red dontcha know)sarnies, scone clotted cream, jam, cream cakes, chocolate cakes.
You'd think that my sister would know that its poison to a diabetic. WE gave it away.
I am turning into a grumpy old fart.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:15 AM

Wheres my chum Pugs?
Where is his P.I.C, yon Gumbud?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 06:19 AM

fret no RJ we are only a stones throw away:

well now that RJ's reached seven ooo
well don't we damned well know it
he's flouncin 'bout with new charged thoughts
a Poet don't ya know it?

"The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax —
Of cabbages — and kings —

Oh and RJ among other things?

so give it all ya've got young Bob
just let the wax run lyrical
and maybe then we'll get some sleep
or will that just be a miracle?? bom bom!

yes Pugs always better than a chemical formula - or some cosmic phenomena full of mumbo jumbo and signifying nuthin - nothing like a bit of Lewis Carroll to keep us sane!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-08-2018, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Hi folks

oh dear , I'm too late

they've all retired.

ah well, now the room is empty I can recite some of my recent attempts at rhyming verses. I say "rhyming verses" to excuse myself from calling it/them actual POETRY.

Poetry springs from the heart, it comes from within.

Poetry exists before the words are typed

Poetry is a force of nature, just waiting to claim it's existence.

Poetry can soar & raise the spirit.

Poetry can tell of the worst events in Planet Earth's span

And of unspeakable motives.

And beauty and Grace, of love and selflessness,

forgiveness and generosity

----------------------------------

Practice session over now, & I started off so well but I became carried away with half thought out impulses, hoping that my words would take on a life of their own.

Ah well time for me cocoa. I was given a large bottle of SOUTHERN COMFORT for my 70th birthday, but I can't drink it because I am on a pill that reacts badly to alcohol.
Siht

I was also given a voucher for a slap up high tea. You know the sort of thing. Tiny cucumber sarnies, cheese and onion (red dontcha know)sarnies, scone clotted cream, jam, cream cakes, chocolate cakes.
You'd think that my sister would know that its poison to a diabetic. WE gave it away.
I am turning into a grumpy old fart.
erhmm erhmm - how can I put this politely?? - a slight overuse of the word Poetry perhaps RJ but overall well done me lad well done - sweetie pie will hand out the blue pills soon!

Page 943 of 1676 « First < 443 843 893 933 941 942 943 944 945 953 993 1043 1443 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top