Join for free
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Mod Nominations!

Hi Everyone

I think it's time we expanded our mod team

If you can think of someone who might make a good mod, please let us know by starting a thread in the Contact Admin section (please do not put nominations in this thread). You can nominate as many people as you like.

Mod nominations help us see who might be a popular choice with the community, so if you think someone might be make a good mod, please let us know!

As we already have two UK based mods who are also female, perhaps we can look at two more mods, perhaps living in a different time zone and/or are male? If not, no problem, nominate who you would anyway as it's always helpful to see who might be a popular choice with the community.

Thanks! I can't wait to see who gets nominated
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Re: Mod Nominations!

Is this going to be a serious nomination or just a popularity contest between friends?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Is this going to be a serious nomination or just a popularity contest between friends?
Given that the nominations are private, I doubt the latter.

Also, I think you should give our members a little more credit - being a forum for the over 50s. I am sure everyone here is is fully aware of the implications of mods being selected when they aren't really suitable (as seen on many other sites )

Besides, these are just nominations to let us know who the community 'might' like to see as mods. I will ultimately have to approve anyone being approached to help us moderate the site.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 03:43 PM

All ready for the teachers little helpers.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 04:22 PM

You could go through all that and they decline the offer....
I thought the norm was to ask if anyone wants to be a mod to contact the forum owner ? .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I thought the norm was to ask if anyone wants to be a mod to contact the forum owner ? .....
Would you like to be tried before a jury of volunteers?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Would you like to be tried before a jury of volunteers?
Whoever takes it on is a volunteer - they will either accept or decline - certainly not forced
Its worked well so far .........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

03-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Yes that can and does happen - sometimes, some people are just too busy to mod a site, or they feel it might remove some of their enjoyment.

I think there are no hard rules on how mods are selected, each site has their own approach. I prefer to ask members who, I think, are fair, balanced and generally of a happy disposition. Quietly confident individuals

It's always nice to know who the members have in mind - I wish I could, but I can't mind read
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 06:25 PM

Can't see any reason why members couldn't nominate themselves if they fancied the job Patsy....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Can't see any reason why members couldn't nominate themselves if they fancied the job Patsy....
Yes that's true, they can - not me though lets be clear on that one

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top