Join for free
Page 678 of 1676 « First < 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 778 1178 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
“There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don’t.”

... from that well known and revered chap or chapess, A. Non.
my granny used to take some evil lookin fluid from time to time and whenever I asked her what it was for she used to say " now don't you worry laddie I've just got a bit of binary" ??

ps: remember the binary has been around from time imemorium when were just lookin in the wrong places!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:20 PM

Good Night Possums. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:24 PM

where's she goin again - when she says "goodnight" I'm not sure whether she gonna have one or she wants us to have one??

and since have we let possums in here ? - spittie possum blunderbust please!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:46 AM

Gummy, you know the Score

everything must change
nothing stays the same
everyone will change
no one, no one stays the same
the young become the old
and mysteries do unfold
for that's the way of time
no one, and nothing goes unchanged
there are not many things in life one can be sure of
except rain comes from the clouds
sun lights up the sky
hummingbirds fly
winter turns to spring
a wounded heart will heal
oh but never much too soon
The young become the old
and mysteries do unfold
no one, and nothing stays unchanged

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gummy, you know the Score

everything must change
nothing stays the same
everyone will change
no one, no one stays the same
the young become the old
and mysteries do unfold
there are not many things in life one can be sure of
except rain comes from the clouds
sun lights up the sky
hummingbirds fly
winter turns to spring
a wounded heart will heal
oh but never much too soon
The young become the old
and mysteries do unfold
no one, and nothing stays unchanged

That's lovely Spitty
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Yes I agree with you Summer, that poem is too good to be in scribbles, it belongs in the serious poetry collections, he does come out with beautiful serious stuff, but it’s rare to get him in a serious mood and one has to get up early or stay up very late to catch it, he’s not just a pretty construction expert you know, well done young man.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes I agree with you Summer, that poem is too good to be in scribbles, it belongs in the serious poetry collections, he does come out with beautiful serious stuff, but it’s rare to get him in a serious mood and one has to get up early or stay up very late to catch it, he’s not just a pretty construction expert you know, well done young man.
Err it's lyrics.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Four-year-old Johnny was curious about her mothers grey hairs. One day, he asked
her, Mummy, why is some of your hair turning grey?

The mother seized the opportunity to give him a life lesson. She replied, You see, Johnny, every time a baby does something naughty, one of Mummy's hair strands turns to grey.

Johnny replied So that's why grandmother has a head full of grey hair.

Bill and Ben were council workers tasked with measuring the Flag Pole outside the council office. How do we do it says Bill, we don't have a ladder? I don't know says, Ben. They looked at it for 5 mins but no ideas came. A young lady comes by and sees 's their dilemma. Lend me a wrench sh says, they do, and she lowers the pole to the ground, gets out the tape measure. 18ft 6 inches she says, they thank her and she walks off.
Typical know it all female when we wanted the height of the pole she gives us the length.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
he didn't create it FGS - he just borrowed it and as usual forgot to add the real author!

The song Everything Must Change was written by Bernard Ighner and was first released by Quincy Jones in 1974. It was covered by Nina Simone - found on google - spittie you've been googled again!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-05-2018, 12:16 PM

Gummy Bear you are back
Where's you been???

Page 678 of 1676 « First < 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 778 1178 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top