Join for free
Page 4 of 72 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:18 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, Leeds is a great shopping city, far better than grotty Manchester.

We've been to Hawes, but it was years and years ago. We must go again.

John Lewis has just opened a new store in Leeds so looking forward to shopping there. I've never shopped in Manchester, in fact I think I've only been that way for the airport. Now find that Doncaster Robin Hood is as good as any for where we want to go.

Nothing much changes in Hawes, I love to go and sample all the different cheeses at the Creamery and buy a selection to bring home. Yum yum
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I also was born in Bradford although I couldn't possibly describe it as a 'nice place' to visit! It's a blot on the landscape!
I loved bradford until the foreigners came in there droves and still coming!

I look back to the past and think what it would be like if it would have stayed like it was peaceful.

New places are opening up which is very nice, but it's not our own, it's shared with them
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Well is nowt 'appenin in Yorkshire!

Off on me 'ols tomorrow but shan't need me passport, not leaving our lovely county, a couple o' days in Leeds and another two in Harrogate. Hope to go up into the Dales, visit Hawes to stock me freezer up with Wensleydale cheeses. Just hope the weather is good.
Hello from Cheshire (but a refugee from Manchester )

I spent 3 nights in Harrogate last weekend ... went to York and walked the walls, etc but found the city centre too busy for my liking. I also went to Ripon, Ripley and Knaresborough ... lovely It's free entry into the grounds of Ripon Castle until March

I travelled by train from Manchester to Leeds then by bus from Leeds to Harrogate ... eeek!!! Leeds is a busy place too ...

I visited Hawes last September when I was on a Yorkshire Dales coach trip
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

I spent 3 nights in Harrogate last weekend ... went to York and walked the walls, etc but found the city centre too busy for my liking. I also went to Ripon, Ripley and Knaresborough ... lovely It's free entry into the grounds of Ripon Castle until March

I travelled by train from Manchester to Leeds then by bus from Leeds to Harrogate ... eeek!!! Leeds is a busy place too ...

Some brilliant walks around Ripon Myrtle. Did one along the river last year, must do it again this year. One of the best Bacon Butties I have ever had was from Sainsburys in Ripon......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some brilliant walks around Ripon Myrtle. Did one along the river last year, must do it again this year. One of the best Bacon Butties I have ever had was from Sainsburys in Ripon......
Now you tell me !!!!!! There's a Greg's in Ripon and they do a bacon roll (or sausage ... or both) with a drink (cappuccino for me) up to 11 am for £2 .... lovely. They also do a cake and drink deal for £2
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:56 PM

Now you tell me !!!!!! There's a Greg's in Ripon and they do a bacon roll (or sausage ... or both) with a drink (cappuccino for me) up to 11 am for £2 .... lovely. They also do a cake and drink deal for £2
We've had that deal in Gregg's in Thirsk too, myrtle. We usually arrive there just in time for a mid morning snack.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 12:02 AM

I'm in Greggs so often Myrtle they got me a clocking in card.....

Their Tuna Crunch are second to non....
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

26-01-2017, 12:03 AM

Hi Val lots of places in Yorkshire I want to visit ... I'll put Thirsk on my list along with Pateley Bridge and Boroughbridge

One surprise was that you can use your bus pass from 9 am in North Yorkshire Monday to Friday whereas here it's 9.30 am !!!!

I'm in Greggs so often Myrtle they got me a clocking in card.....

Hope you get your loyalty card stamped OGF
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I loved bradford until the foreigners came in there droves and still coming!

I look back to the past and think what it would be like if it would have stayed like it was peaceful.

New places are opening up which is very nice, but it's not our own, it's shared with them
Indeed. It was a decent working class town when ah wer a lad. It's not just the Pakis, though; the council have been pretty useless for as long as I remember.

It started when they began pulling down all the old buildings in the '60s and replacing them with matchboxes. Then the roads: whilst Leeds was building an efficient road network, including a city centre motorway, Bradford was doing naff all. Their so-called 'ring road', for example, until quite recently consisted of several side streets joined together.

It's still the pits as far as I'm concerned. Nothing classy about it.
Val J
East Yorkshire

26-01-2017, 12:12 AM

Leeds and York are busy all year round, York in particular is popular with tourists. I like to shop and there is plenty of scope in both places! Hope you enjoyed your break enough to return myrtle.

Page 4 of 72 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top