Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:26 PM

Re: Loft conversion

This is beautiful work, Barry! The dormer is done in a style and balance that most definitely adds to the facade of the house in a way that makes it look like it was always there.

Thank you for sharing the photos and letting us enjoy your work and progess!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:56 PM

Ah, no wonder you've done an excellent job on it! Well done, Barry.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:58 AM

Barry I think you would love to build an extension on our house in Norway, You would love the access to so much timber. Sadly the problem would be paying for it, couple of old ex pats on u k pensions . I have plenty of access to pallets
Once again what a wonderful job you have done, now you will want to do something else
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 04:58 PM

Looks great Barry very neat...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Many thanks for your comments. It is, of course, what I did for a living so it would be an embarassment if it didn't turn out well, but after eight years of retirement it isn't half a shock to the system, I now ache in places where I didn't even know I had places to ache....

I'd expect nothing less from you....obviously a tradesman of quality.

Barry....this is totally true....a couple of weeks back I went into Cheshire Cats place of work....in my van and wearing work gear she mentioned how she thought I'd retired.

I explained how I'd been helping a friend.

As I tried to get into my van without too much pain I thought back to the advice I got on here when I was considering closing my business......and your advice sprang to mind.

This is like poetic justice
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'd expect nothing less from you....obviously a tradesman of quality.

Barry....this is totally true....a couple of weeks back I went into Cheshire Cats place of work....in my van and wearing work gear she mentioned how she thought I'd retired.

I explained how I'd been helping a friend.

As I tried to get into my van without too much pain I thought back to the advice I got on here when I was considering closing my business......and your advice sprang to mind.

This is like poetic justice
But without the poetry....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:36 PM

A few more snaps of how I've been wasting my time over the last week or so...

Studwork completed for walls and ceilings...

Ditto...

Insulation completed....

Staircase installed....

The dogs of course had to check out the new space...

Not much more I can do now until the plasterers have done their bit, so an enforced period of rest beckons for a couple of weeks thank goodness. I've enjoyed doing the job but will be pleased when it is completed now, which should be just in time for the family coming over at Christmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 08:43 PM

Well done Barry a lovely job....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 08:49 AM

That's looking great, Barry. Enjoy your rest, do.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 02:16 PM

You must be pleased with your conversion Barry. The stairs fit so neatly into the hall - they are going to look as if they have always been there.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top