Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 07:22 PM

Re: Crunch Time.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We cannot pick and mix,we are leaving

No Single Market, no Customs Union, no ECJ.
I'm not convinced that we are, but I suppose time will tell.

The latest worry is that Mrs Maybe will hand the EU full fishing rights to our own waters. There are many fishermen all over the country who will not be best pleased by that and, to me, that is quite simply giving in to EU demands.

I'm also quite expecting some substantial sums of money to change hands as well. I'm sure I don't need to say in which direction.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not convinced that we are, but I suppose time will tell.

The latest worry is that Mrs Maybe will hand the EU full fishing rights to our own waters. There are many fishermen all over the country who will not be best pleased by that and, to me, that is quite simply giving in to EU demands.

I'm also quite expecting some substantial sums of money to change hands as well. I'm sure I don't need to say in which direction.
If she does then we should have the same rights in their waters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
If she does then we should have the same rights in their waters.
But their waters have been overfished for a long time; ours are still productive. That's why they all want to come and fish here.
Also, because we are an island, our legal waters are quite expansive compared to those of most EU countries.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 05:10 AM

Hi

There was always going to be a financial hit from Brexit.

The UK has gone from being the fastest growing economy in the G7 to the slowest growing.

The price of Independence.

Fisheries amount to 1% of our Economy, a price worth paying to protect the rest of our Trade.

We will not be any better off due to Brexit over the next 5 to 10 years.

We never sent £350 Million a week to the EU.

That was an outright lie.

The EU is offering a Tariff free deal for goods and agricultural products.

That is the best deal on offer.

It is the Gold Standard of any Trade Deal.

We have rejected Passporting for Services,which are our biggest Export to the EU.

Our choice, our decision,we take the hit.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 07:42 AM

But their waters have been overfished for a long time; ours are still productive. That's why they all want to come and fish here.
Also, because we are an island, our legal waters are quite expansive compared to those of most EU countries.
Very good point.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 08:47 AM

Hi

Whilst I accept that fisheries are a small point in the overall scheme of things, we are being held to ransom by Ireland.

This should never have happened and it is entirely our fault.

My personal preference is to say no to Ireland,they have far more to lose than we have and link Fisheries to this.

I am a pragmatist,leaving is going to cost us financially,so be it.

I will not however be threatened.

We tell Ireland to get stuffed, we end the Common Travel Area with Ireland and tell the EU to back off or they will lose the Fisheries.

We are a sovereign nation,our Border with Ireland has naff all to do with the EU.

This a 100% winnable situation, we would devastate Ireland's economy.

What they are basically threatening us with is Terrorism, the return of the IRA.

I do not give in to Terrorists.

Ireland can get stuffed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We never sent £350 Million a week to the EU.

That was an outright lie.
I've heard this so many times.

As I understand it, we do send £350 million a week to the EU... nominally, although we get much of it back again.

The big but is that the EU dictate to us how we may spend that refund.

Yet more controlling, which I for one do not want.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:26 AM

My MP, Phillip Lee has just resigned from his "Minister" post.

He was an ardent Remainer who couldn't bring himself to work towards leaving.

Trouble is, i think statistics will show that we, his constituents, are Leavers.

There'll be others going as well,

Who's next?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My MP, Phillip Lee has just resigned from his "Minister" post.

He was an ardent Remainer who couldn't bring himself to work towards leaving.

Trouble is, i think statistics will show that we, his constituents, are Leavers.

There'll be others going as well,

Who's next?
The more the merrier.

The Conservative party is split; the Labour party is split.

Once again, we have two factions pulling against each other across both major parties.

If individual MPs act according to the wishes of the majority of their constituents, that would be fair. If not, they should lose their right to vote on Brexit and, preferably, lose their seat.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 05:23 PM

The more the merrier.

The Conservative party is split; the Labour party is split.

Once again, we have two factions pulling against each other across both major parties.

If individual MPs act according to the wishes of the majority of their constituents, that would be fair. If not, they should lose their right to vote on Brexit and, preferably, lose their seat.
Sounds like TM has promised to let the Houses of Parliament can set up & agree the future UK negotiating position if we don't get EU support, for her offers, before the end of the year.

Bet the EU bosses are laughing about that.....?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top