Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:48 PM

Re: Crunch Time.

Originally Posted by fender ->
Shroppy always comes out with good articulate stuff......
I vote that she takes the place of TM.....
She can't be any worse!

Yes, if JRM doesn't get the job, I'll go for SG.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 01:40 AM

Hi

Parliament is doing it's job.

I really do not see what all the fuss is about.

The withdrawal Bill needed to be changed, it handed complete power, with no safeguards, to a very small group of Ministers, to do as they pleased.

This is incredibly dangerous.

The referendum was ordinary people giving a kick in the teeth to the political elite, the withdrawal bill created a smaller, much more powerful political elite.

Yesterday we saw parliament in action.

90 Labour Rebels voted against Corbyn and stopped an amendment to keep the UK in the EEA.

A big chunk of his Ministers resigned to vote against him.

The way the withdrawal bill was written it would have given him, and his small little group of advisers, total power to do what he wanted if, and please may this never happen, he became PM.

It amazes me that so many , even on this Forum, who are so critical of Theresa May and the way she is handling Brexit, are so vocal in demanding that she be given carte blanch to do what she wants. and no way of stopping her.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Parliament is doing it's job.

I really do not see what all the fuss is about.

The withdrawal Bill needed to be changed, it handed complete power, with no safeguards, to a very small group of Ministers, to do as they pleased.

This is incredibly dangerous.

The referendum was ordinary people giving a kick in the teeth to the political elite, the withdrawal bill created a smaller, much more powerful political elite.

Yesterday we saw parliament in action.

90 Labour Rebels voted against Corbyn and stopped an amendment to keep the UK in the EEA.

A big chunk of his Ministers resigned to vote against him.

The way the withdrawal bill was written it would have given him, and his small little group of advisers, total power to do what he wanted if, and please may this never happen, he became PM.

It amazes me that so many , even on this Forum, who are so critical of Theresa May and the way she is handling Brexit, are so vocal in demanding that she be given carte blanch to do what she wants. and no way of stopping her.
You offer opinion as if it is fact.

Saying the withdrawal bill needed to be changed is your opinion.
Saying it is dangerous for a group of ministers to have complete autonomy to complete the Brexit deal is your opinion.
The business of Government has to be done by Government. No-one is arguing with that therefore your contention that the 'will of the people as expressed by the Brexit vote' is being compromised is false.

Your concern that Corbyn might become PM is scaremongering as there isn't an election due before March 2019 when we leave the EU.

TM is the Prime Minister as elected by her party who are in power. Therefore it is right and proper that she controls and conducts the Brexit issue.

If the other parties and the media had tried to work in the national interest instead of playing petty, puerile party political games we would be in a stronger position now.

You have a very strange way of looking at the world , in my opinion!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You offer opinion as if it is fact.

Saying the withdrawal bill needed to be changed is your opinion.
Saying it is dangerous for a group of ministers to have complete autonomy to complete the Brexit deal is your opinion.
The business of Government has to be done by Government. No-one is arguing with that therefore your contention that the 'will of the people as expressed by the Brexit vote' is being compromised is false.

Your concern that Corbyn might become PM is scaremongering as there isn't an election due before March 2019 when we leave the EU.

TM is the Prime Minister as elected by her party who are in power. Therefore it is right and proper that she controls and conducts the Brexit issue.

If the other parties and the media had tried to work in the national interest instead of playing petty, puerile party political games we would be in a stronger position now.

You have a very strange way of looking at the world , in my opinion!
Hi

It is certainly very different to yours, that is for sure.

We did not have an Election due last year, but we got one and May lost her overall Majority.

She is now dependant upon bribing the DUP to continue.

That is not a position which I want to be in.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 02:04 PM

I really have no idea whether the 5th column of Remain MP’S colluding with a foreign country to damage us over Brexit - (wording courtesy of Bill Carmichael in the Yorkshire Post), will ever succeed. Nothing surprises me anymore with all the disgraceful antics being played out in our Parliament. Only time will tell, but oh my goodness, regardless of the outcome,my day was made this morning - it was a sheer pleasure to see the look on Anna Soubry’s face when she had to admit that she and Soros’s other anti-democratic little helpers,had in her words, been double-crossed by Theresa May over the agreed (or so she smugly thought) Grieves amendment to the end agreement that she and the narcissist Grieves were sure they had in the bag.

She was so confident that she and the wreckers had won the day (even though the hypocrite still voted for Grieves amendment) that when she was interviewed after the vote, sneeringly told Leave voters to “Suck It Up! I am not a woman of violent nature, but I truly wanted to stamp on her foot at that moment.

Oh then, the pleasure of seeing this woman humiliated this morning. It made my day!
Sadly, I don’t believe it was anything to do with a sudden burst of courage from Mrs Maybe, more than likely it was more to do with our Leave MP’s telling her that if she went ahead with siding with these ……………..s, she was as good as finished. She probably had no choice other than to face them down and spell it out, It’s come to a case of Back me or Sack me! Another General Election? The time is coming, Will these 5th columnists save Maybe?, the party?, their own jobs? Or risk putting Corbyn into office? Will they really fall on their swords. I await the outcome.

As I say, only time will tell. And that time is fast approaching next week when it goes back to the Lords. It’s Crunch time indeed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I really have no idea whether the 5th column of Remain MP’S colluding with a foreign country to damage us over Brexit - (wording courtesy of Bill Carmichael in the Yorkshire Post), will ever succeed. Nothing surprises me anymore with all the disgraceful antics being played out in our Parliament. Only time will tell, but oh my goodness, regardless of the outcome,my day was made this morning - it was a sheer pleasure to see the look on Anna Soubry’s face when she had to admit that she and Soros’s other anti-democratic little helpers,had in her words, been double-crossed by Theresa May over the agreed (or so she smugly thought) Grieves amendment to the end agreement that she and the narcissist Grieves were sure they had in the bag.

She was so confident that she and the wreckers had won the day (even though the hypocrite still voted for Grieves amendment) that when she was interviewed after the vote, sneeringly told Leave voters to “Suck It Up! I am not a woman of violent nature, but I truly wanted to stamp on her foot at that moment.

Oh then, the pleasure of seeing this woman humiliated this morning. It made my day!
Sadly, I don’t believe it was anything to do with a sudden burst of courage from Mrs Maybe, more than likely it was more to do with our Leave MP’s telling her that if she went ahead with siding with these ……………..s, she was as good as finished. She probably had no choice other than to face them down and spell it out, It’s come to a case of Back me or Sack me! Another General Election? The time is coming, Will these 5th columnists save Maybe?, the party?, their own jobs? Or risk putting Corbyn into office? Will they really fall on their swords. I await the outcome.

As I say, only time will tell. And that time is fast approaching next week when it goes back to the Lords. It’s Crunch time indeed.
I didn't see any of this, but if I had I'd have wanted to stamp on Sourface's face not her toes.

The way some of those MPs are carrying on, I sincerely hope they get what they deserve.

Deselection or losing their seat in the next GE.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 09:48 PM

and I thought ozzie politics was bad - we're as pure as driven snow compared to the old order in the old country!!

you certainly know how to put on a grand show when needed and old Queenie must be rockin in her chair with mirth - maybe she will be called to bring about order again!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top