Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Young Girl by Gary Puckett

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's a decent enough song but it reminds me of Butlins.

Ah yes, eggs swimming in grease and fag laden waitresses dropping plates. Those were the days.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Ah yes, eggs swimming in grease and fag laden waitresses dropping plates. Those were the days.

Yes and stay away from those chalet maids..
I got my stripes for a full season at Butlins Skeggy what a place that was.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes and stay away from those chalet maids..
I got my stripes for a full season at Butlins Skeggy what a place that was.
It's still going strong LF.
james-henry
Isle of Man
james-henry is male 

28-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Correct me if I am wrong--I bought this record on release and think it was just Union Gap not Gary Pucket and Union Gap??.

The same as Frankie Valli and the four seasons--Frankie Valli was one of the four seasons-I remember seeing them on Liverpool Empire -brilliant act.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by james-henry ->
Correct me if I am wrong--I bought this record on release and think it was just Union Gap not Gary Pucket and Union Gap??.

The same as Frankie Valli and the four seasons--Frankie Valli was one of the four seasons-I remember seeing them on Liverpool Empire -brilliant act.
Mmm? Not sure about that Tbh. Although I love the song , it was a bit before my time ( I was only five bless me) so I don't really know.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by james-henry ->

I remember that they were always called Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, but perhaps they didn't have the room to print all that on the 45 rpm labels. In fact, when my friends talked about this record, they would often say " Young Girl , by Gary Puckett"
I do remember a time when the Four Seasons didn't have Frankie Valli in their name though.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top