Join for free
Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 04:34 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Cars have always broken down.
Not with the same frequency now, compared to your chosen age.
In the '50s and early '60s, we had British Rail.
We had British Rail until the 90s........and when did they become unreliable and pricey ?

Dental treatment was free then.
I agree, but now the same process is happening to the NHS in general.
We had black people round our way. There was, I remember, a house with 'Banaas' on the door. We passed it on the way to the swimming baths for school swimming lessons and I'll always remember my mate laughing out loud and shouting "Bananas!".
What's that got to do with anything ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Not with the same frequency now, compared to your chosen age.

We had British Rail until the 90s........and when did they become unreliable and pricey ?

I agree, but now the same process is happening to the NHS in general.

What's that got to do with anything ?
Look, I haven't the time or the inclination to explain every little thing to you.

I shall just invite you to read your post and my responses again.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's an interesting dichotomy is it not?

Disgruntled Brits who don't like the growing influx of foreigners into the country decide the solution is to go to another country and thereby become the "foreign invaders" themselves to that new country. Kinda bizarre really.

I wonder if the Spanish are resentful of the mass emigration of Brits to their country and the impact it has had in certain towns and cities?
Where did I say I'm moving due to immigration?

We're leaving because of the reasons I gave in the original post. We are run by idiots, crime out of control and becoming pc to the point where it's laughable.
Deffo not going there for the weather! Yes, long hot summers, but equally, they have very cold snowy winters.

If things change in the UK, we may stay, but it's not looking very likely with the muppets we have running the place.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 06:57 AM

you don't want to borrow this guy for a while do you - he's trying to make suggestions to clean up OZ and talks about the 'final solution' - believes that banning all future Muslims and non -English speaking people from the third world, is essential and praises a 'white Australia policy' that we once had. I won't continue and spoil your read - it is considered inflammatory over here as is your Robinson guy.

In some ways it seems to be what many of you are saying here?

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...TAU_collection

are we going down the same road as you perhaps??
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 07:21 AM

I don't think it is necessary to ban any group of people, but in the past we welcomed immigrants who had a job to come to and could provide for themselves, so we weren't providing for scroungers!
Of course we would want to help refugees, but only if they can prove they are coming from an area of war or disaster.( that is what David Cameron was trying to do when he would only accept refugees from camps in their own countries.)

For me , it is not about their nationality or the colour of their skin, it should be more about being able to return them to where they come from, if they cannot abide by the laws of the country they immigrate to.

Many Muslims live by the laws of their religion, which are alien to many countries they wish to move to, so it should be made clear to them that a new country means new laws and, if they cannot abide by those laws, they will not be able to remain in the new country.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think it is necessary to ban any group of people, but in the past we welcomed immigrants who had a job to come to and could provide for themselves, so we weren't providing for scroungers!
Of course we would want to help refugees, but only if they can prove they are coming from an area of war or disaster.( that is what David Cameron was trying to do when he would only accept refugees from camps in their own countries.)

For me , it is not about their nationality or the colour of their skin, it should be more about being able to return them to where they come from, if they cannot abide by the laws of the country they immigrate to.

Many Muslims live by the laws of their religion, which are alien to many countries they wish to move to, so it should be made clear to them that a new country means new laws and, if they cannot abide by those laws, they will not be able to remain in the new country.
Good post Twink.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 07:50 AM

Hi

Exactly Twink.

I live with local laws when in Muslim Countries, they should do the same here.

They are not a special case, whatever some of them think.

Where I worked we had two distinct types of Muslims.

They lived in different areas and did not mix.

One bunch will not integrate they refuse to, point blank, traditional costume, women in black and covered, none English speaking, back home for arranged marriages.

The other lot, different part of town, English speaking, women not in black and not covered.

The girls go to school and do swimming classes and sports, some wear a head covering, some do not.

They do well at school, good grades and off to Uni.

They are absolutely no trouble at all.

They have a Women's Group which raises money by catering.

I used to use them for meetings, they do ace hot food and cold buffets and very reasonable on price.

There is no earthly reason at all why we do not make people integrate.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you don't want to borrow this guy for a while do you - he's trying to make suggestions to clean up OZ and talks about the 'final solution' - believes that banning all future Muslims and non -English speaking people from the third world, is essential and praises a 'white Australia policy' that we once had. I won't continue and spoil your read - it is considered inflammatory over here as is your Robinson guy.

In some ways it seems to be what many of you are saying here?

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...TAU_collection

are we going down the same road as you perhaps??
What a stupid thing to say! Nothing to do with the context of this thread.

Originally Posted by fender ->
Where did I say I'm moving due to immigration?

We're leaving because of the reasons I gave in the original post. We are run by idiots,
Anning has been roundly condemned by all sides of politics. He is a Senator and a nutter from the Pauline Hanson fringe and even she couldn't stand him so he left her party to boost the numbers of that other nutter Bob Katter.

He was not elected but filled a casual vacancy in the senate after another of Hanson's loonies was chucked out he will probably be out on his ear at the next half senate election.

There is absolutely no chance of any of his ideas being adopted or supported by the rest of the parliament, his vote makes no difference to the balance of power. And he succeeded in bring Labor and the Liberals together.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
There is no earthly reason at all why we do not make people integrate.
Oh but there is, and it's a quite simple reason.

Our people in charge are afraid of them.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:25 AM

What a stupid thing to say! Nothing to do with the context of this thread.
not at all ; not at all; I have heard many voices of dissent on here about the success/non-success of multiculturalism and about returning UK to its former glory and national pride - there are several political groups within UK who have and do express this view - ignoring it is like burying ya head in the wollongong sand - this man although perhaps a tad extreme in his views is nevertheless expressing the views of an increasing minority/majority in OZ and UK and of course the EU.

What some people are saying is "multiculturalism doesn't work?

Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top