Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Re: T.V. quiz programmes

On the subject of quizzes, the ones I hate are the ones I would term as 'unfair'. Take, for instance In it To Win It, how many times have we seen a contestant put in a shed load of cash then answer a question incorrectly, their place is taken by a dumbbell who gets first question wrong, ends up in red bit with someone who knows the answer to the question to get them out, buzzer goes and the one who could not get a correct answer without someone else's help gets a chunk of the cash! I would never survive without being arrested cos if I had put the money in and then at the last second someone came along and with one answer snatched half of what I had earned I would be steaming!
Maybe they should change the rules so that at the final buzzer, those sitting in winners row would get what THEY had put in and no more!

Similar thing happens on that Usual Suspects one!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 12:26 AM

Talk about ritual humiliation! Was having a cuppa and watching the chase last evening, it was the 'hefty' woman in the chair, a young woman was answering the questions, so "what fabric is named after the French word for hairy caterpillar ?", choices, chiffon, chenille, or chambray. So, she rubbed her arms and responded "I think I know this, it is chiffon, it is all sort of fluffy and itchy isn't it? A bit like a hairy caterpillar. When the correct answer was revealed Anne Heggarty just looked at her and said " chiffon my dear is a very thin, soft fabric, very like the top you are actually wearing". I cannot recall the exact wording of the next question, but it was so something to do with which creatures had breasts, the choices being birds, mammals, and reptiles; her answer? Birds, because we eat the breasts of birds. The matrons face was an absolute picture.

I almost felt sorry for the poor girl cos she ain't half gonna get ribbed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 10:42 AM

Saw this too DM - gave us a good laugh but my, I hope it was just nerves
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Strange things happening today with this site.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Strange things happening today with this site.
Give us a clue.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top